Certificate of completion

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
michael814
by michael814 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:48 pm
hi ive been in a iva for five years, my last payment was paid on the 1 st of aug 2018, how long should it take to get my certificate, and can the iva still claim any ppi i may have many thanks michael hayward.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:52 am
Certificate normally takes a couple of months, though some firms take upwards of 6 months ! PPI always belongs to the IVA, even after completion.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:39 am
Agree with Foggy.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:56 am
Up to 6 months - keep the pressure on your IP to close quickly as in practice it should really only take a couple of weeks.
walkingdude
by walkingdude » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:46 pm
Made our last payment 1st November 2017 and have still not received our completion certificate from Aperture 12 months on. Have phoned them several times and just keep getting told that there is a backlog and that our case has been prioritised but still no luck. Just wandering if there is a complaints procedure that we could go through.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:00 pm
walkingdude wrote:
Made our last payment 1st November 2017 and have still not received our completion certificate from Aperture 12 months on. Have phoned them several times and just keep getting told that there is a backlog and that our case has been prioritised but still no luck. Just wandering if there is a complaints procedure that we could go through.

You have to lodge a formal complaint with Aperture which you can escalate to their regulatory body via the government gateway here: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
walkingdude
by walkingdude » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:36 pm
Cheers Foggy

Will get in touch with Aperture tomorrow.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”