Chances of a CF accepting a F&F

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

cbdawg

Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Post by cbdawg » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:23 am
Hi All

I have just passed my month 54, and waiting for CF to be in contact regarding my equity valuation, i have contacted them once and was told someone would be in contact.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of offering a f&f instead of taking the additional 12 months?

My property will most likely be over the £5k threshold, even though i disagree and have had a valuation done and it was on the edge of the threshold, they said on the phone it will be over. I pay £340 a month and just wondered if anyone could give me an indication whether they would accept a F&F and if so how much should i offer?

I really want to not pay for the next 12 months and start preparing myself for normal life again.

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 32304
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:33 am
With only the 12 months ( if applied) left you would have to be looking at the remaining payments pretty much in full.
If the figures look promising it might be worth shelling out a £100 on a RICS valuation and challenging the extension -- a gamble, but might save you £4k. At the very least I would want to see what evidence they are basing their decision on.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”