Claiming back money in pension mortgage. IVA completed 2014.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
george849
by george849 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:14 pm
I have just been told i have some money i can claim back in my pension mortgage i took out 30 years ago and forgot about yipee then im told because i went into insolvency in 2013 and completed in 2014 that they might have a claim on my money is this true ? please info appreciated thank you
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:19 pm
This is a distinct possibility -- it will be treated in th same way as PPI. Although unknown it exisited during your IVA and, therefore, was an undisclosed asset. Whwthwr your former IP will actually want it is the question .... some aren't bothered at all, some will see if it is economical to dig out old files and re-contact old creditors and some will want it regardless. There is a danger that, if you use a claims company and the refund is paid direct to your IP, the claims company will come to you for their fee --- and not all IP's will cover it -- so you could end up out of pocket.
george849
by george849 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:35 pm
What I.P mean ? & I had a dro debt relieve order is that the same as iva thank you 4 your reply
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:53 am
IP is insolvency practitioner -- and, no, a DRO is not the same as an IVA. There are different requirements -- you will need to have a chat with your DRO provider.
george849
by george849 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:21 am
Thanks for your help Foggy
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”