Cleaning up my Credit Report

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
bethany
by bethany » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:50 pm
I'm kicking myself...

I read on here numerous times that the IVA companies aren't sending on the completion certificates to the credit ref agencies or anyone else for that matter. I could have had my name removed from the Insolvency register by now (last month actually) but will have to wait until January 19... Whilst scanning my credit report I noticed that at least half of the companies had incorrect default dates, so I wrote to them and demanded that this be adjusted to the start of my IVA - The strangest thing has now happened! They have completely been removed from my report (totally shocked) this is suppose to happen next May when I reach the 6 Year mark.

Has another one had a similar experience?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:54 pm
The IVA providers should be sending completion certificates to the Insolvency Service, unless things have changed. Those that aren't are not completing their duties and are simply being lazy. I shall make enquiries ...........
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:08 pm
Hi Bethany,

It would be very unusual for them all to be removed - normally the Creditors will amend the default dates to reflect the IVA start date. If you are looking at an Experian report and you have moved address since the IVA began you need to proivde a full 6 year address history to obtain a true full report.

Regards
bethany
by bethany » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:33 pm
Ryan wrote:
Hi Bethany,

It would be very unusual for them all to be removed - normally the Creditors will amend the default dates to reflect the IVA start date. If you are looking at an Experian report and you have moved address since the IVA began you need to proivde a full 6 year address history to obtain a true full report.

Regards

That's what I thought.. It's so odd! I haven't moved in the last 10 years. Not sure whats happened but 6 of the entries are gone granted 4 of them are from the same/ sister company but gone. Totally gone.
bethany
by bethany » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:35 pm
Foggy wrote:
The IVA providers should be sending completion certificates to the Insolvency Service, unless things have changed. Those that aren't are not completing their duties and are simply being lazy. I shall make enquiries ...........

NTF = nightmare! I completed in August and I'm still on the insolvency register! I sent the details in myself in October so have to wait 3 months from then. I thought I could call them and try with a little sweet talk but the number is automated :(
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:19 pm
The CC is sent to the Insolvency register.

Your creditors are also told that the IVA has completed and that they should update their records accordingly, but unfortunately many don't and you have to do a bit of leg work to tidy up your credit rating yourself..
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:30 pm
bethany wrote:
Foggy wrote:

NTF = nightmare! I completed in August and I'm still on the insolvency register! I sent the details in myself in October so have to wait 3 months from then. I thought I could call them and try with a little sweet talk but the number is automated :(

Bit of digging produces the relevant legislation --- the IP is responsible. Information relating to the notifying the Secretary of State at the end of an IVA can be found in Rule 8.31 (4) of the Insolvency Rules 2016.:

Termination or full implementation of the IVA

8.31.—(1) Not more than 28 days after the full implementation or termination of the IVA the supervisor must deliver a notice that the IVA has been fully implemented or terminated to the debtor and the creditors bound by the IVA.

(2) The notice must state the date the IVA took effect.

(3) The notice must be accompanied by a copy of a report by the supervisor which—

(a)summarises all receipts and payments in relation to the IVA;

(b)explains any departure from the terms of the IVA as approved by the creditors; and

(c)if the IVA has terminated, sets out the reasons why.

(4) The supervisor must within the 28 days mentioned above—

(a)deliver a copy of the notice and report to the Secretary of State; and

(b)if the creditors were invited to consider the proposal following a report under section 256(1)(aa), file a copy of the notice and report with the court.

(5) The supervisor must not vacate office until the notice and report have been delivered to the Secretary of State
bethany
by bethany » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:48 pm
Foggy wrote:
bethany wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Bit of digging produces the relevant legislation --- the IP is responsible. Information relating to the notifying the Secretary of State at the end of an IVA can be found in Rule 8.31 (4) of the Insolvency Rules 2016.:

Termination or full implementation of the IVA

8.31.—(1) Not more than 28 days after the full implementation or termination of the IVA the supervisor must deliver a notice that the IVA has been fully implemented or terminated to the debtor and the creditors bound by the IVA.

(2) The notice must state the date the IVA took effect.

(3) The notice must be accompanied by a copy of a report by the supervisor which—

(a)summarises all receipts and payments in relation to the IVA;

(b)explains any departure from the terms of the IVA as approved by the creditors; and

(c)if the IVA has terminated, sets out the reasons why.

(4) The supervisor must within the 28 days mentioned above—

(a)deliver a copy of the notice and report to the Secretary of State; and

(b)if the creditors were invited to consider the proposal following a report under section 256(1)(aa), file a copy of the notice and report with the court.

(5) The supervisor must not vacate office until the notice and report have been delivered to the Secretary of State

Thanks Foggy, Lets just say I really really glad I don't have to deal with that company anymore.
bethany
by bethany » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:49 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:
The CC is sent to the Insolvency register.

Your creditors are also told that the IVA has completed and that they should update their records accordingly, but unfortunately many don't and you have to do a bit of leg work to tidy up your credit rating yourself..

Thank goodness I started when I did and it looks as if everything will be in line for next May, the next milestone to look forward to.

Thanks Lisa
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”