Cleared my IVA 2 Years ago

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Me2you

Post by Me2you » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:53 pm
I went in to an IVA in 2006 and satisfied it August 2008, although I now that it will stay on my credit file till at least 2012 I really want to sell my house and by a new one as I have relocated.

Can anyone give me advice on if I can get a mortgage? and the best way to go about it?

Please help! thanks again

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:57 pm
Hi
Use a mortgage broker to search the whole of the market. The fact that your IVA was concluded two years ago will help you
Good luck
Regards
Andam Davies

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:57 pm
The first port of call may be your existing lender who might be prepared to help. Given that your IVA has been discharged more than two years it is certainly worth considering speaking to them.

If this is not an option you could try a broker but be careful of large fees and interest charges. It may be best to rent until your credit file clears up and you can then sell and buy another property with a high street mortgage.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Me2you

Post by Me2you » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:09 pm
thanks I spoke to my current Mortgage adviser who said they 'No Longer give Sub-Prime' Even though I have never missed a payment?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:51 pm
You non longer are sub prime as you are out of the IVA over 2 years. It may be worth writing directly to the lender and an underwriter could review the case rather than dealing with an advisor in a call centre.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:03 pm
Andrew Graveson who posts as an expert on the forum has a great new contact for mortgages for people who have successfully completed IVAs, and am sure would be happy to put you in touch. Definately worth a try.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”