Clearscore

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

recovering

User avatar
Posts: 1585
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by recovering » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:49 am
So I have opened a clear score account . I have veey little knowledge of how exactly defaults etc show up on reports etc but my report says I have no court insolvency or defaults listed? I am “STABLE” and my score is good. I am pre approved for a credit card with 24.9% apr
I am waiting on my certificate but does this mean I don’t have to chase people etc?
I have not looked at my credit report all the way through the last 6 years so not sure about any of it? :D

kallis3

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 74141
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:57 am
I have one of those accounts. You just need to check your full account, not just your dashboard and it will give you details of accounts.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

recovering

User avatar
Posts: 1585
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by recovering » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:11 am
kallis3 wrote:
I have one of those accounts. You just need to check your full account, not just your dashboard and it will give you details of accounts.
It has my mortgage, bank account, car insurance and mobile phone on the report is that not the report?

recovering

User avatar
Posts: 1585
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by recovering » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:14 am
I can see closed acciunts some of which say £0 balance some still have a balance on them but they are all closed

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 28145
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:38 am
The biggy is no IVA in court matters and no default showing on either closed or open accounts. You need to check all three agencies as they often show different things. Personally I think the online sites like Clearscore and Noddle are OK for keeping an eye on things, but you really need a statutory report from the agencies direct (£2 a pop) to do a proper check. This gives you the same info as the creditors see, whereas the online reports have been manipulated to make them user friendly.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
Visit my blog here : http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

recovering

User avatar
Posts: 1585
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by recovering » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:43 am
Foggy wrote:
The biggy is no IVA in court matters and no default showing on either closed or open accounts. You need to check all three agencies as they often show different things. Personally I think the online sites like Clearscore and Noddle are OK for keeping an eye on things, but you really need a statutory report from the agencies direct (£2 a pop) to do a proper check. This gives you the same info as the creditors see, whereas the online reports have been manipulated to make them user friendly.
I am baffled by how different they are. I suppose its probably a bit soon to be checking? Thank you though . How do I find the £2 reports? Experian want £14.99 a month to join???

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 28145
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:52 am
recovering wrote:
Foggy wrote:
The biggy is no IVA in court matters and no default showing on either closed or open accounts. You need to check all three agencies as they often show different things. Personally I think the online sites like Clearscore and Noddle are OK for keeping an eye on things, but you really need a statutory report from the agencies direct (£2 a pop) to do a proper check. This gives you the same info as the creditors see, whereas the online reports have been manipulated to make them user friendly.
I am baffled by how different they are. I suppose its probably a bit soon to be checking? Thank you though . How do I find the £2 reports? Experian want £14.99 a month to join???
The application for a statutory report is hidden on their websites --- they, of course, would prefer you to pay £14-odd per month!

The agencies only report what the creditors report to them and different creditors report to different agencies, so, for instance, if Barclays do not use CallCredit -- then that report could look clear, whereas the default is shown on one or other, or both, of the other agencies.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
Visit my blog here : http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

kallis3

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 74141
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:43 am
You can do Experian for free - I do. I signed up to all of the freebie websites and another one is MSE (Martin Lewis)
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”