Clearscore

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
recovering
by recovering » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:49 am
So I have opened a clear score account . I have veey little knowledge of how exactly defaults etc show up on reports etc but my report says I have no court insolvency or defaults listed? I am “STABLE” and my score is good. I am pre approved for a credit card with 24.9% apr
I am waiting on my certificate but does this mean I don’t have to chase people etc?
I have not looked at my credit report all the way through the last 6 years so not sure about any of it? :D
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:57 am
I have one of those accounts. You just need to check your full account, not just your dashboard and it will give you details of accounts.
recovering
by recovering » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:11 am
kallis3 wrote:
I have one of those accounts. You just need to check your full account, not just your dashboard and it will give you details of accounts.

It has my mortgage, bank account, car insurance and mobile phone on the report is that not the report?
recovering
by recovering » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:14 am
I can see closed acciunts some of which say £0 balance some still have a balance on them but they are all closed
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:38 am
The biggy is no IVA in court matters and no default showing on either closed or open accounts. You need to check all three agencies as they often show different things. Personally I think the online sites like Clearscore and Noddle are OK for keeping an eye on things, but you really need a statutory report from the agencies direct (£2 a pop) to do a proper check. This gives you the same info as the creditors see, whereas the online reports have been manipulated to make them user friendly.
recovering
by recovering » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:43 am
Foggy wrote:
The biggy is no IVA in court matters and no default showing on either closed or open accounts. You need to check all three agencies as they often show different things. Personally I think the online sites like Clearscore and Noddle are OK for keeping an eye on things, but you really need a statutory report from the agencies direct (£2 a pop) to do a proper check. This gives you the same info as the creditors see, whereas the online reports have been manipulated to make them user friendly.

I am baffled by how different they are. I suppose its probably a bit soon to be checking? Thank you though . How do I find the £2 reports? Experian want £14.99 a month to join???
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:52 am
recovering wrote:
Foggy wrote:

I am baffled by how different they are. I suppose its probably a bit soon to be checking? Thank you though . How do I find the £2 reports? Experian want £14.99 a month to join???

The application for a statutory report is hidden on their websites --- they, of course, would prefer you to pay £14-odd per month!

The agencies only report what the creditors report to them and different creditors report to different agencies, so, for instance, if Barclays do not use CallCredit -- then that report could look clear, whereas the default is shown on one or other, or both, of the other agencies.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:43 am
You can do Experian for free - I do. I signed up to all of the freebie websites and another one is MSE (Martin Lewis)
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”