Commission ppi payment

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
hr1350
by hr1350 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:42 am
Hi
Very long time since I have been on here as my IVA was completed 7 plus years ago. My IVA was through debt free direct. I had no idea they had passed all cases onto Aperture until I received a ppi claims reward from Barclaycard for high commission. The award was close to £2000 and they advised they have sent the payment to aperture.
Now my IVA completed 7 years ago with 100% payment and I received a cheque 18 months ago from dfd with over payment returned. So in my eyes the IVA is long finished and fully paid so I do not believe and IVA practice had claim over the money.
I have emailed Aperture this morning but wondered if any others have had similar issues.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:48 am
Unless you paid 100p plus fees, then any PPI is still due to be paid across to your creditors
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:14 am
If you paid 100% plus fees and possible statutory interest the refund should be passed to you ... if not it will go towards the outstanding debt. Do you know if your payments covered the statutory interest element ?
hr1350
by hr1350 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:54 pm
Hi
Thanks for the replies. I received a cheque from DFD which stated it was money left after all monies had been paid so I take it that was for fees as well as I would not expect a refund if everything had not been covered.
When I phoned Aperture this morning they said they had only taken on active cases and mine was not active so I don't understand how they can make a claim on it.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:54 pm
It probably wasn't a case of Aperture making any claim, rather that Barclays decided to send it to the IP themselves ( which they usually do). I imagine Aperture will send it on to you.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”