Compensation for pain

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Tashap
by Tashap » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:09 pm
Hi I’m halfway through my IVA and was recently in a road traffic accidents, I’m due to receive compensation for pain and suffering as I’ve been under physio for over 4 months now.
I’ve been told by a friend that I might have to declare this to my IVA.
Could you please advise me as I thought the money is for my ongoing injury and could pay for more treatments etc.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:22 pm
Tashap wrote:
Hi I’m halfway through my IVA and was recently in a road traffic accidents, I’m due to receive compensation for pain and suffering as I’ve been under physio for over 4 months now.
I’ve been told by a friend that I might have to declare this to my IVA.
Could you please advise me as I thought the money is for my ongoing injury and could pay for more treatments etc.

It should be declared but most (not all) IP's follow the bankruptcy procedures on this in that compensation specifically awarded for pain and suffering is usually allowed to be retained. Only your own IP can say which way they will jump.

If you do not declare it there is always the possibility that your IP will be none the wiser ... but ... there is also the possibility that he will find out about it, which could put the whole IVA in jeopardy, not to mention the stress of constantly worrying that it will be discovered.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”