complaining about an IVA COMPANY

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
nuttymarbles
by nuttymarbles » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:22 am
Who can i complain to about a company? ive tried the actual company, is there anyone higher? i am at my wits end now, and being treated so unfairly, long story short I am trying to clear off an IVA, i have sent all the documents required in fact i did this way before christmas! they have only just acknowledged the email with the contents, they have been refusing to give me a settlement figure of what's left of my debt, i had to call and get very upset and they finally gave me one, this is completely unacceptable in my eyes, this is all down to health issues also which are being prolonged, because they are dragging their rear ends, i didnt even choose to be with this company, as debt free direct went bust, but i certainly wouldn't have wanted to be with them if i had a say in it! any help would be great im pulling my hair out now! :(
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:39 am
Firstly you do not ask for a settlement figure - this means you pay your total debt to your creditors. You need to come up with a figure for a full and final offer.

Speak to someone higher in the food chain and explain what you want to do and see what happens there.

How much are your payments each month?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:53 am
As Kallis says -- you do not want a settlement figure (which changes day by day, which is why they were reluctant to give you one). You need to make your own Full and Final Offer based on the number of payments remaining (plus 12 if you are a homeowner) multiplied by the monthly payment.

As for complaining -- there is no-one we can go to for mediation and resolution. In fact I have started a petition to address this .. but not getting much support. You can, however, escalate a complaint to their regulatory body. This might result in the IP getting a slapped wrist or maybe a fine, but you will get no assistance or resolution.

Complaints can be made to the regulators here: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
nuttymarbles
by nuttymarbles » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:01 pm
kallis3 wrote:
Firstly you do not ask for a settlement figure - this means you pay your total debt to your creditors. You need to come up with a figure for a full and final offer.

Speak to someone higher in the food chain and explain what you want to do and see what happens there.

How much are your payments each month?

this is where i get confused because, my old iva company had no problem giving it to me, my payments are £120 they gave me a figure yesterday of £3500 so thats fine, im just so confused.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:42 pm
Have you sent them a formal written complaint in writing by registered post?

If not then do this first.

Then if no joy follow it up as Foggy suggests via the Gateway.

In the meantime you need to clarify what it is you have asked of them. A F&F is completely different from a settlement figure.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”