Completed IVA with Clear Debt

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
manmountain
by manmountain » Tue May 08, 2018 11:32 am
I have been out of my IVA since 2011. We paid a lump sum and further signed a declaration that we would participate in the recover of PPI against any of our accounts. We have been kept in the dark by Clear Debt (Mr Mond) our past supervisor. We were under the impression that all the PPI investigations had been completed as 8 years have past but out of the blue a new company has appeared to further investigate PPI commissions that we were not informed about. So in all by the time this PPI target date arrives next year we would have been held under the ghost of Clear Debt (Mr Mond) for almost 10 years. Can I seek advise on this unfair treatment. No corespondents, no telephone calls for years. clear Debt even closed offices I dealt with and moved our information over to another company without our knowledge.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:55 am
Cleardebt no longer exist and David Mond has retired. PPI will continue to be sought until next year and is an asset due to your creditors and you have to let it go through.
redboxtree
by redboxtree » Tue May 08, 2018 12:53 pm
Under the Insolvency Act all records should be destroyed 6 years after completion certificate provided.

They will need to demonstrate why they now have the legal ability to do this.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:00 pm
Could be wrong, but I believe they can still do that.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue May 08, 2018 2:06 pm
Records have to be kept for a minimum of 6 years post closure, not destroyed.
justb1
by justb1 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:24 am
I am in the same boat as you. I received letters from Cleardebt with David Mond’s signature on so if he had retired is this company actually acting legally? I have had no formal communication from Cleardebt as to any change in company nor handing over of my IVA records nor permission to hand over my personal details to a claims company. I would actually like to know how I can lodge a formal complaint as this cannot be legal how they are conducting themselves
Worried Sick
by Worried Sick » Tue May 15, 2018 2:46 pm
I too have received these letters, are we obliged to sign if they purport to come from Mr Mond, but they may not have done?
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”