Completed or not?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
amanda185
by amanda185 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:44 am
I have been in an IVA for the last seven years with freeman jones the last payment was taken in September. I then called them as I had money put by in case any extra funds were needed to complete it. The person I spoke to went through our final review checked if the items I had had to replace could be used to offset any funds owing and gave me a figure that's she said would complete the payments . I paid this and have been waiting since 2/10/2018 for my completion certificate which should have been issued within six weeks. I have called to chase today and been told that they have now discovered that this calculation was incorrect and we owe over £200. I provided all the information for our final review and was assured that the amount I paid ended the arrangement. the lady I spoke to today has admitted that we had not been contacted and is getting this looked into for me but I am now worried they are going to come back with us owing money that can not be paid until I next get paid 21st December which means we wont get the completion certificate in time to secure the rental property we need to move to in January. What can I do about this as it seems really unfair that after being told we owed no more money we now face having to pay more I appreciate that it is a relatively small sum compared to some I have read about but still unexpected and down completely to their mistake not ours.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:58 am
To get the completion certificate within 6 weeks is optimistic -- the industry standard, allowed for in the proposal itself, is 6 months, although many do manage it faster. Even after it's issue your credit files will remain shot for a few months.

To challenge the amount owing you need to see their detailed calculations -- but this will all take time. Give them a ring and explain the situation and that you went ahead on the rental arrangements on the strength of them saying the arrangement was complete.
Freeman Jones
Industry Expert
Contact
by Freeman Jones » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:03 pm
Hi Amanda,

I am one of the team here at Freeman Jones. I am sorry that there seems to be some confusion and that this has delayed the completion of your IVA (we do usually manage to do these within six weeks). Please drop me an email to ian.williams at FreemanJones.com and I will try and get this sorted for you.

Thank you,

Ian
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”