Completion certificate and credit reports

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
LeahD1985
by LeahD1985 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:55 am
Hi, just looking for a bit of advice. I have recently received my completion certificate which is dated 3/11 and the insolvency register has been updated and it now says completed on 03/11.

I have opened disputes with noddle, Experian and equifax to get the Iva removed from my credit reports and sent them copies of the completion certificate. The start date for the Iva on my reports is 11/09/2011. I thought they dropped off automatically after 6 years but obviously not. Experian have replied to my dispute and taken the Iva off my record and I now have a perfect credit score but noddle and equifax have replied and declined it as my name is still on the insolvency register, even though it says complete...

Can anyone advise if there’s anything I can do? It’s just annoying that Experian have taken it off but the others won’t :(

Thanks
Leah
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:01 am
Your IVA will remain on the Insolvency Service for up to 3 months after your completion date. You can contact data controllers for all creditors by sending copies of your completion letter.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:03 am
They are correct in keeping the IVA on file until you come off the Insolvency Register -- they should report what is reported to them and, at the moment you are still being correctly reported as being on the Register.

As for dropping off after 6 years -- yes they do, but only once reported as complete.

It should all fall into place soon.
LeahD1985
by LeahD1985 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:08 am
thanks for the fast reply. Looks like I’ll just have to be patient then. Very annoying though waiting 3 months just to have your name removed from a list.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:07 pm
If you contact the Insolvency Service they can remove it quicker than the 3 months if you speak to the right person but it's luck of the draw unfortunately;

Here you go both email and telephone.

Customerservices.eas@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk

0121 698 4268

Regards
LeahD1985
by LeahD1985 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:32 pm
Thank you. Will give it a try.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:42 pm
Mine came off within 2 weeks but Foggy had to wait the full three months despite him telling them about cases such as mine.
LeahD1985
by LeahD1985 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:07 am
Just to update you all the credit companies have now taken the iva off my records just over a month after my completion certificate but my name is still on the insolvency register. I’m happy as my scores are quite good. Will I need to wait until my name comes off the register before I try and build my scores up ?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:09 am
I would wait as a refusd credit search will stain the clean record again .
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”