Completion certificate delay. Dfd & apiture

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Krif
by Krif » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:33 pm
After a full & final which was agreed and creditors paid in July 2017 I've still not had completion certificate.
Wasn't told dfd had closed until rang. Had major issue trying to get through to apiture especially now all calls go to them and not via the few remaining dfd staff.
I've called several times just goes to answer phone. Emails and it bounces back. I managed to email back someone from dfd who said they finish in Feb and there a&e backlogs. Emailed her back for it to then bounce back as not know

How .ca I contact them and what can I do? Even though they told me they have paid everyone I'm still getting statements with full debts on.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:05 pm
You will still get full debt statements, as creditors often set up dummy accounts when you go into an IVA so dividends do not appear on the "real" account -- which will simply be closed and written off when completion paperwork is issued. I am afraid you have to persevere with Aperture --- as they usually do when taking on another caseload, they are buckling and never seem to learn. As frustrating as it is, it will sort itself out in due course.
Krif
by Krif » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:14 pm
Thanks, all reviews and f&f was done by dfd. All apiture have to do is issue the certificate. Can they come back and say they need to do a new review? It's their complete lack of response that is so wrong.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:27 pm
Krif wrote:
Thanks, all reviews and f&f was done by dfd. All apiture have to do is issue the certificate. Can they come back and say they need to do a new review? It's their complete lack of response that is so wrong.

I am afraid they can, if they deem it is needed. Aperture have a stand alone completions section that never see the file until after the last payment. They then go through the whole thing checking for anything missed or awry -- which is part of the reason Aperture are among the slowest firms, even without the added burden of assimilating new cases from another firm. These large firms always seem to fall down on communicaton -- especially with us plankton, who, I get the impression, are beneath them. That all said, some of the individual staff are amazing, and, if you can find one of those you are on to a winner!
Krif
by Krif » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:28 pm
Thanks I hope they don't need to. The creditors have all been paid.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”