Completion Certificate, how long?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
C.J.
by C.J. » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:48 pm
Hi, can anyone advise me how long it takes to receive a completion certificate. Full and final offer accepted and payment made 20th June, its driving me insane as everyday I am hoping it arrives.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:53 pm
Hi

It depends - some can take up to six months - just keep pestering!
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:03 am
Some firms are slower than others but it can also depend whether all claims are in. If your IVA has been running for some time the likelihood is that these claims have been submitted so that would speed things along. Contact your IP ask make sure they have everything needed from you to ensure a timely closure.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:04 am
C.J. wrote:
Hi, can anyone advise me how long it takes to receive a completion certificate. Full and final offer accepted and payment made 20th June, its driving me insane as everyday I am hoping it arrives.

It depends upon which company you are with and what brick walls they might hit while getting final claims sorted out. Some can take up to 6 monhts ( though this is getting rarer). Most take a couple of months and a few take a couple of weeks. I am afraid it is a case of putting it out of your mind and getting on with things until it arrives in it's own time and maybe firing off the odd "How's it going?" email..
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:52 am
Keep the pressure on them. You should have had it by now but a lot of firms can be slow and rely on the 6 months closure period.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”