Completion certificate

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Rickdada
Posts: 5
by Rickdada » Thu May 03, 2018 8:47 pm
Hello. My wife and I entered into an IVA in 2005. We completed it by remortgaging our house in 2007. I have done a credit score report today and have found that the IVA is still listed as active on my wife’s report. There is nothing on mine. We were not issued with a completion certificate by the company that arranged our IVA and they have now gone out of business. Am I able to get one of these from the Court? And if so how do I do that. Thank you.
User avatar
luluj
Forum Expert
Posts: 10126
Contact
by luluj » Fri May 04, 2018 3:34 am
Which iva company was it ? All cases will have been transferred to a new 'owner' so you should still have access to this document.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 26112
Contact
by Foggy » Fri May 04, 2018 6:42 am
Is your wife still showing on the Insolvency Register at https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/eiir/ ?
Rickdada
Posts: 5
by Rickdada » Fri May 04, 2018 7:28 am
luluj wrote:
Which iva company was it ? All cases will have been transferred to a new 'owner' so you should still have access to this document.

Thank you for that. The company was ACCUMA. They were based in Mamchester and from what I can see they stopped trading in 2016. Thanks again
Rickdada
Posts: 5
by Rickdada » Fri May 04, 2018 7:33 am
Foggy wrote:
Is your wife still showing on the Insolvency Register at https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/eiir/ ?

Just searched and yes she is but I am not and it was a joint IVA. How is this possible? What do I do? Thank you very much.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 26112
Contact
by Foggy » Fri May 04, 2018 7:58 am
Rickdada wrote:
Foggy wrote:
Is your wife still showing on the Insolvency Register at https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/eiir/ ?

Just searched and yes she is but I am not and it was a joint IVA. How is this possible? What do I do? Thank you very much.


It wasn't a "joint" IVA -- but two interlocking IVA's, so they will have been (or not) reported seperately. Which IP is showing against her name ? Hopefully a new one, rather than the original.

My ex and I were in interlocking arrangements and, although reported seperately, everything was on the one document. So, it could be that the Insolvency Service just took the first name and overlooked the second --- might be worth putting that to them and asking them to correct the error.
Rickdada
Posts: 5
by Rickdada » Fri May 04, 2018 8:16 am
Thanks again Foggy. There is no IP being shown on the register. Am I looking in the wrong place? Thanks
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 26112
Contact
by Foggy » Fri May 04, 2018 8:20 am
Rickdada wrote:
Thanks again Foggy. There is no IP being shown on the register. Am I looking in the wrong place? Thanks


Once you have brought up the name, click on the surname (which should be in blue) and it will reveal further details.
Rickdada
Posts: 5
by Rickdada » Fri May 04, 2018 8:40 am
Foggy wrote:
Rickdada wrote:
Thanks again Foggy. There is no IP being shown on the register. Am I looking in the wrong place? Thanks


Once you have brought up the name, click on the surname (which should be in blue) and it will reveal further details.

Foggy you are an absolute diamond. Found the info and the ball is rolling. Thank you for your help.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests