Completion Certificates

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:07 am
We have had several posts recently about lost completion certificates and the need to produce a copy years after the end of the IVA. Please, please, please DO NOT destroy your completion certificate ....ever!

Keep all of the IVA paperwork in a box in the attic, with a couple hard copies of the certificate. Scan a copy into your computer and save it there -- maybe also on a memory stick.

Admittedly it isn't much to look at -- this scrap of A4 with a short paragraph on it -- but it can be darned important !

Remember also to keep a copy of the final report with it, as the two are often needed together.

If you keep them, you will most likely never need them -- but if you destroy or lose them .... sure as eggs is eggs ... you will want them again!
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:36 am
Ours are in our filing cabinet and will never be destroyed!
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:45 pm
There is one fire proof box in our attic, other than the insulation it sits there all alone. CC and other documents pertaining to my IVA are in it. I also have a photo copy of the CC in an envelope with my sister and a digital copy on my cloud storage. I don't think that within the next 20 odd years I will lose it :lol: :lol:
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”