Confusion about defaults (DF) on my credit report

4 posts Page 1 of 1
toby847
by toby847 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:38 pm
Hi,
I started and IVA on 6th June 2012 and completed it 6 months ago on the 26th May 2017.
I'm now starting to look at my credit reports to see what, if anything, needs 'cleaning up' and I have obtained reports from Equifax, Experian and CallCredit.

On two accounts (Max Recovery and PCO Hold Co Sarl c/o Watch Portfolio) on the Equifax and Experian reports they show a single default when the IVA started, but nothing for the next 60 months and then a PS when the IVA was completed.

However on the CallCredit report on the same two accounts (Max Recovery and PCO Hold Co Sarl c/o Watch Portfolio) it shows a DF in all of the 60 months, right up to the date the IVA was completed then in June 2017 it shows a PS.

I was under the impression that they could not show a default after my IVA started. Is this correct?
The way I see it (please correct me if I'm wrong) those defaults up to June 2017 will remain on my record for another 6 years?

As such, I need some help/advice as to how to go about getting the defaults removed if they aren't supposed to be there, as I only have 6 months to wait until the IVA falls off my record for good and I can start to live again.
Please HELP!!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:42 pm
Hi -- the important thing is the "date of default", which should be on or about the date of the start of the IVA. The defaults will drop off 6 years after this date.

Regarding the credit file entries: this is simply that the creditors have reported the default as still exisiting every month to Callcredit, but not to Equifax or Experian --- they are not defaulting every month ( each debt can only be defaulted once ) but reporting the existing default.

Have a read here:

https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
toby847
by toby847 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:46 pm
Phew! Thanks for the information Foggy.
I was so concerned that I'd have get involved in some stressful battle!
Only six months to go and I'm free to start again.
Thank you.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:35 pm
Max Recovery and PCO Hold Co Sarl c/o Watch Portfolio are very IVA aware and try to stay within the rules and guidelines. If they 'forget' to remove the defaults it will be a simple matter of a letter to advise them of the oversight, thankfully you won't get engaged in a communication war with these 2 agencies.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “template letter suggested by inaiva”