Could an IVA work for me?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Nicole2222
by Nicole2222 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:42 pm
Hi. Iv recently realised I’m in real trouble & am looking at an IVA. I’ve pretended my debts can be managed by using all my savings on paying monthly premiums & using one credit card to pay off other debts, food shop etc. Iv continued to use my credit with credit cards & catalogues until now that I’m maxed out. Now I realise I can no longer pay anything as repayments are so high & ive no credit left!! Am I able to even consider IVA with so much recent spenditure. I was pretending it wasn’t happening & just continuing to order spend etc until it literally smacked me in the face!!! I don’t know my options of where to turn. I have 2 bank loans & 1 other loan 3 credit cards 1 store card 2 catalogues. My husband had just found out about my debt & removed me from the joint account as my 2 bank loans are with the same bank. Please help!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:18 pm
An IVA is a possibility -- have a chat with a couple of firms to discuss the whole picture. A lot of us were living on credit cards and using them to juggle right up to our IVA's. But, now you have realised the problems it is important that you stop using credit and catalogues now.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:08 am
I used to withdraw money on my one credit card and go straight into the bank and pay across minimum payment to the same card!!
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:37 am
There may be a few options open to you but it's difficult to say which one without a lot more information.

My video might help you narrow the options down a little as a starting point:

https://youtu.be/TgalT1vhn6M
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”