Court of protection whilst in iva

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
moira717
by moira717 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:48 pm
Hi all, sorry haven't posted for a while my father has been very poorly hence this post. We never sorted a power of attorney for my dad. He has been hospitalised for 12 weeks, now ready for discharge he needs full nursing care. Have managed to get him in to the nursing home I nurse in. However because he owns property etc I need to apply as deputy through court of protection to have access to his finances to pay for his fees. However I notice the form asks if in an iva. Does this mean if in iva it wouldn't be accepted? Time is not on my side especially with company I work for, don't want to apply and slow down process however I am only blood relative. Any advice gratefully received! No time to post but do read. Best wishes to everyone x
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:00 pm
moira717 wrote:
Hi all, sorry haven't posted for a while my father has been very poorly hence this post. We never sorted a power of attorney for my dad. He has been hospitalised for 12 weeks, now ready for discharge he needs full nursing care. Have managed to get him in to the nursing home I nurse in. However because he owns property etc I need to apply as deputy through court of protection to have access to his finances to pay for his fees. However I notice the form asks if in an iva. Does this mean if in iva it wouldn't be accepted? Time is not on my side especially with company I work for, don't want to apply and slow down process however I am only blood relative. Any advice gratefully received! No time to post but do read. Best wishes to everyone x

I was granted POA for my dad when I was in my IVA --- must admit I do not remember them asking the question -- I downloaded the forms through the .GOV site online.
moira717
by moira717 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:17 pm
Hi foggy, I researched before my iva re power of attorney. That's why I chose over bankruptcy but don't know if deputy different?
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”