Credit file question

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
dawn797
by dawn797 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:02 pm
My IVA completed on 04/05/17 and I have the certificate. My understanding was that 6 years after the start date of the IVA, information on my credit file would "drop off" or at least I would need to push this along a little bit. However, having been brave enough to finally look at my credit file today, I can see nothing relating to the IVA, apart from 1 entry from a debt agency. Whilst they have noted the account was settled on 04/05/17, they have also documented that this entry will be recorded until May 2023. Can they do this? Many Thanks Dawn
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:24 pm
It should drop off after six years from the start. Have you checked the Insolvency Register to see if you are still on there.
dawn797
by dawn797 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:28 pm
kallis3 wrote:
It should drop off after six years from the start. Have you checked the Insolvency Register to see if you are still on there.

Thanks Kallis3, I have not checked Insolvency Register but will get onto that now. I know there is still time for it to come off my credit file, but 2023 has me a bit prickly. many Thanks
dawn797
by dawn797 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:34 pm
dawn797 wrote:
kallis3 wrote:

Thanks Kallis3, I have not checked Insolvency Register but will get onto that now. I know there is still time for it to come off my credit file, but 2023 has me a bit prickly. many Thanks

Quick update..... I've checked Insolvency Register and I can't find me! I'm guessing that's a good thing :D
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:59 pm
Good - at least that has gone! Get in touch with the debt agency and tell them to remove this default - it should not remain until 2023.
dawn797
by dawn797 » Sat May 26, 2018 7:34 pm
kallis3 wrote:
Good - at least that has gone! Get in touch with the debt agency and tell them to remove this default - it should not remain until 2023.

I have drafted a letter to them and will be sending it should the default remain after May 2018.... Many Thanks for your advice.
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Tue May 29, 2018 10:56 am
Hi Dawn, this does happen frequently but, if the debt was included in your IVA then it should not post-date the date of your IVA. Therefore by definition it should no longer show. You are doing the right thing - write to them and insist they correct it.
dawn797
by dawn797 » Tue May 29, 2018 1:15 pm
Shaun Vickery wrote:
Hi Dawn, this does happen frequently but, if the debt was included in your IVA then it should not post-date the date of your IVA. Therefore by definition it should no longer show. You are doing the right thing - write to them and insist they correct it.

Thank you Shaun, I have posted a letter this morning. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:05 am
It is possible that they have not formally defaulted the account, so it will remain on file, or that they have incorrectly dated the default, which should be the start date of the IVA. If they have not defaulted you are within your rights to insist that they do, using the correct date.
MortgageTips
by MortgageTips » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:46 pm
dawn797 wrote:
My IVA completed on 04/05/17 and I have the certificate. My understanding was that 6 years after the start date of the IVA, information on my credit file would "drop off" or at least I would need to push this along a little bit. However, having been brave enough to finally look at my credit file today, I can see nothing relating to the IVA, apart from 1 entry from a debt agency. Whilst they have noted the account was settled on 04/05/17, they have also documented that this entry will be recorded until May 2023. Can they do this? Many Thanks Dawn

Hi Dawn
Collectors, such as Lowell etc, do Default accounts, however they are not legally able to alter the original debts default date.
If this is a case of them moving/changing the date then you will get this removed/corrected.

Good luck
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”