Credit file update and Natwest

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
annierose
by annierose » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:00 pm
Hello, my second post today! I have completed my IVA had the certificate ect and now looking at credit reports. All my accounts in the IVA look marked as settled and closed apart from a Natwest current account. Should I contact them to update thier records? The report states it was last updated only last week but still as an account in defult- they were sent the cc in Aug! I have also been receiving letters from them about confirming my Tax residency as they cannot confirm this from the records they have! I have never lived or paid tax abroad and also have a mortgage with them. I wondered if I got this letter due to the account being inactive for over 5 years. I have ignored the letters as I tried to call the tax department on the letters but no answer ever! Anyone else ever had one of these letters? It's a form to fill out with all personal details and tax number?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:05 pm
Write to the data controller and enclose a copy of your completion. You should tell them to remove everything back to the start of your IVA.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:05 pm
The important thing about any default is the date it was first registered as it will disappear regardless on the 6th anniversary of this date, which should be on or around the start date of the IVA. The status doesn't matter as this will disappear too.

Can't help re tax status -- only NatWest will know why they are asking, we can only guess.
annierose
by annierose » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:09 pm
Thanks! Where would I find thier details?
I'm finding it quite difficult going though all the old accounts again and he prospect of speaking with the creditors again- I had put it all out of my mind really for the last few years.

The defults are first registered at the time of the IVA then every month since
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:16 pm
annierose wrote:
Thanks! Where would I find thier details?
I'm finding it quite difficult going though all the old accounts again and he prospect of speaking with the creditors again- I had put it all out of my mind really for the last few years.

The defults are first registered at the time of the IVA then every month since

As long as the "date of Default" is at the start of the IVA there is no problem ---- the monthly entries are only reports that the default is still there not new entries.
Have a read here:
https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
annierose
by annierose » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:22 pm
Thank you :)
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”