Credit Fix... again

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Nikl
by Nikl » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:29 pm
My full and final variation meeting is next Friday. I’m not thinking positively so I don’t feel devestated when/if it’s rejected. Anyway, I normally receive a letter telling me it’s at 12 etc (already had 5 due to paperwork problems). Then I receive an answer when I phone about 2. They have told me today they’ve stopped saying what time the meeting is as votes come in all day. So is it likely I won’t hear until the following Monday at the earliest? What is ‘normal’ with these meetings?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:07 pm
What is "normal" is to be given a date and a time --- the creditors must be given a stop time to vote, otherwise it could be intimated they have until midnight on the appointed day !
After a "normal" meeting you generally get the results within a couple of hours.

However, if you are with CF, nothing can be taken as following the norm. They are doing things their own way, contrary to the accepted and agreed conventions and, so far, are making a hash of it!
abbiesmum2003
by abbiesmum2003 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:01 pm
i was going to say similar to foggy....theres normal and then theres creditfix!!!!!
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:30 am
Normally votes are in before the meeting and I was always under the impression that they should be done by the time of the meeting and, if not, if it makes no difference to the outcome, creditors who don't vote, are bound anyway.
Nikl
by Nikl » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:44 pm
kallis3 wrote:
Normally votes are in before the meeting and I was always under the impression that they should be done by the time of the meeting and, if not, if it makes no difference to the outcome, creditors who don't vote, are bound anyway.

Is this for variation meetings for F&F?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:36 am
Nikl wrote:
kallis3 wrote:

Is this for variation meetings for F&F?

Yes, variation meetings for a F&F are broadly the same as other creditor meetings.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”