Credit report & default updates

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
13 posts Page 1 of 1

s27

Post by s27 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:27 am
IVA completed 12 months ago. But I've noticed that Egg "update" my credit file every month and still do so. Apparantly this is seen as a newly cleared default rather than one settled 12 months ago.
Can Egg continue to do this? Or how can I stop them? Trying to get mortgage but the bank says that they are newly settled defaults rather than old ones.

rayb

Post by rayb » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:10 am
Hi,

Once the IVA is agreed they are not allowed to default you after that date. Just write to them with a copy of your completion certificate and get them to amend there records

s27

Post by s27 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:10 pm
Thanks rayb, they defaulted me before the IVA but update my account on a monthly basis, so it looks as though the default was settled on 12/08/10 and 12/09/10 and so on, ratther than the completion of the IVA last year.
All other creditors updated their records last year and have left them alone, but Egg continues to update monthly.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:23 pm
Egg should not be doing this now and you do need to write to them and tell them to remove all defaults after the date of IVA approval. Enclose a copy of your completion letter.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:34 pm
Egg are continually defaulting me. Although I have 18 months after my trust deed ends to worry about sorting out the default dates prior to the 6 years drop off point.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 pm
It's the original default date which is important. It should be on or before the IVA agreement date.

When that default date is 6 years old then that default along with all the monthly status updates the DDDDD's on your credit file associated with that default should just drop off.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:26 pm
As soon as the six years from date of approval is up, then that is when you should start clearing up the files if defaults are still showing.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:52 pm
That's ok if they play ball and remove the defaults, if you get some creditor who does not play ball it could be another year before your file is sorted out if it has to go the the Information Commissioner to act.

Personally I would say that at the end of the IVA period start looking at getting the default dates corrected. That way any delay will not matter. Cause once it is sorted the defaults will then drop of when they are supposed to do.

Leave it till 6 years after the iva start date and you could potentially depending on how long the IC takes to act be waiting for a further period of at least 6 months maybe a year.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:00 pm
To be honest the 6 years won't bother me.

Once the IVA is completed though, that is when you should start looking at sorting things out.
Bob Marley.

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:02 pm
Agreed, no point even doing anything before you get the certificate of completion. You need this to move things forward anyway. ;-)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:05 pm
Once I have that letter, I will check with all three agencies to make sure the details are correct.

Then again, I will be that much of an old git I won't care anyway![:D]
Bob Marley.

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:11 pm
I see it as the final step in getting everything back to the way it should be.

Not that I'm ever having credit again, except for a mortgage one day and a clean file is essential for that if you want a standard rate.

I've learnt a valuable lesson whilst in my iva, and don't intend to ever have to go though something like this ever again.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:31 pm
Hubby will be into his 70's and I won't be far behind so other than just tidying things up so we can renew things if needs be, that's it for us.
Bob Marley.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”