Credit report problem

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
wakeywakey
by wakeywakey » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:41 pm
I noticed on my credit file only 2 defaults out of 10 creditors. Both round about when IVA started, so I think thats about right.
But another debt is stating me a "late payment" since July with ever increasing numbers on a red disc, so 6 red now. They haven't sent a default, but done this instead.

Won't I have major problems with this once the IVA is completed?
I know defaults are supposed to expire at the same time as the IVA but what about "Late payments"

What can I do?
wakeywakey
by wakeywakey » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:44 pm
Sorry, meant to ask same credit report, one of the creditors keeps doing an administrative review every single month.
Is that damaging once IVA finished ?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:47 pm
Review should be ok.

Accounts should be marked with a default dated at the start of the IVA or they will not drop off. Have a read here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
wakeywakey
by wakeywakey » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:50 pm
My IVA firm saying these creditors haven't submitted a claim, but can't take recoverable action
What do they mean haven't submitted a claim?

Can a creditor not submit a claim then?
What happens to the money they should have received
How do I get them to take the debt off the credit file in this case then?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:03 pm
wakeywakey wrote:
My IVA firm saying these creditors haven't submitted a claim, but can't take recoverable action
What do they mean haven't submitted a claim?

Can a creditor not submit a claim then?
What happens to the money they should have received
How do I get them to take the debt off the credit file in this case then?

They do not have to claim -- many don't. Their share will be spread between the other creditors. They will not take the debt off the credit files, but, as mentioned above, still have to default the account. Read the link I gave you above.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:41 pm
Hi wakeywakey, your credit score and report is going to look like (insert naughty word here) until 6 years from the date your IVA started and probably a few more months after that date. Don't take any heed of what it says as it will just worry you unnecessarily. Put it to the back of your mind and start to build a good score once the IVA is finished and the 6 years are up. Any creditor who makes no claim will be given an opportunity to adjust their attitude during the closing of your IVA, if they don't respond the creditors who did will end up with a better dividend and they will get zip. The reported and recorded debts will all get 'written off' as contracted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”