Credit score query

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
benjiboo1
by benjiboo1 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:32 pm
I completed my Iva in March, received completion cert. My 6 years was up on 30th aug. I have checked my credit score & its saying 461 out of 700. & saying my credit status is stable. Is this a good score or bad?? I am going to get copies of my credit file over the weekend with the 2 major reference agencies & see if everything has dropped off.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:46 pm
Credit scores don't really mean a lot and lenders don't even see them. My scores are all above average for area and country, but are decscribed as good.
benjiboo1
by benjiboo1 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:56 pm
Thanks foggy for your reply. Will be interesting to see my credit reports.... a bit of a dreaded feeling though.!!!
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:08 am
Mine are different with each agency but I have still managed to get credit.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:27 pm
2 years on and mine are all excellent, but I wasn't that bothered immediately after the IVA finished as, even though the scores were good, the reports showed no financial trail at all. I got a full current account, a credit card from my bank and renewed our phone contracts, this along with my utility accounts soon saw stable credit reports with searchable history which is a far better indication to lenders than a good score and no financial history. My CC gets paid off religiously every month, I don't buy anything on credit other than my mobile phone plan.
benjiboo1
by benjiboo1 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:38 pm
Hi Merlin. I was just curious what mine would be. I have requested my credit report, just want to see if anything is on there really. I pay my mobile phone monthly & that's all except for my utility bills. Hubby has a credit card which is paid off in full every month. No way will I get into debt again... a valuable lesson was learned. I still budget now, I'm no longer in the iva.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:42 pm
My phones were upgraded throughout my IVA with no problems at all. Have a couple of credit cards now but pay them off. My utility bills are not on my credit record at all,.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:44 pm
Make sure that if you want a credit card you do a soft search so nothing shows up on your search records.
benjiboo1
by benjiboo1 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:52 pm
Thanks kallis. I don't really need one to be honest. But you never know in the future.... maybe? I got used to life without one. & i also upgraded my phone while in the iva. Daft question but how do you do a soft search?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:40 am
Most credit companies will say you can do a search and it won't show up on your records to other creditors and they will tell you if you are likely to be accepted or not
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”