Credit score

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
User avatar
recovering
Posts: 1529
by recovering » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:33 pm
Ho, I am a bit confused about the credit score business :D most of the accounts included in my IVA are not showing
Some are showing as £0 balances
It differs depending on clearscore and noddle
One is showing a default but it looks like the start date is a year after my IVA was approved
This is as far as I can see
It is a company I don’t recognise so assume the debt was sold on
Do I wait a month to see if they all update before doing anything? As My last payment was end of Jan?
I can see 2 Lloyds accounts showing as open but can’t see defaults just balances!
I neec to take a class to understand it :D
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 26512
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:39 pm
Clearscore and Noddle are not real time and take 1 - 2 months to catch up with reality. To get a proper picture you do need to get a proper statutory report from each of the three agencies.

Have a read of my article (https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record) and my latest blog entries.
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 73273
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:22 pm
I agree with Foggy. Pay for your report so you can check what is showing on there.
User avatar
recovering
Posts: 1529
by recovering » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:18 pm
This inability to understand it all may be an indication how I got into this mess!!!
User avatar
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Posts: 6775
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:16 am
You might find this quick video I made about cleaning up your credit record useful:

https://youtu.be/PV4RzUY4BRM
Noddle and Clearscore are also free credit agencies to consider using:

https://www.noddle.co.uk/
https://www.clearscore.com/
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 73273
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:10 am
As Foggy says - Clearscore and Noddle are not real time.

Experian, Equifax and Call credit will send you an up to date record for a couple of quid each.
User avatar
recovering
Posts: 1529
by recovering » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:21 pm
So I have looked at the Experian report... there are 2 lloyds bank accounts with defaults a month later than iva waa approved...( is this worth chasing? There is ine saying default 1/11/12 when iva was approved in Feb ... PRA group???? No clue who they are! 1 TTI SPC? Again default date a month later , iva is still on there..... start date correct but end date showing 00/00/00
Should this update and drop off this month or should I be chasing?
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 26512
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:52 pm
recovering wrote:
So I have looked at the Experian report... there are 2 lloyds bank accounts with defaults a month later than iva waa approved...( is this worth chasing? There is ine saying default 1/11/12 when iva was approved in Feb ... PRA group???? No clue who they are! 1 TTI SPC? Again default date a month later , iva is still on there..... start date correct but end date showing 00/00/00
Should this update and drop off this month or should I be chasing?


Personally I wouldn't bother about a month here and there -- it would probably take longer to amend it then leave it be ! It would do no harm to send a copy of the completion paperwork regarding the IVA itself, but it should drop off itself on the 6th anniversary.
User avatar
recovering
Posts: 1529
by recovering » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:10 pm
Foggy wrote:
recovering wrote:
So I have looked at the Experian report... there are 2 lloyds bank accounts with defaults a month later than iva waa approved...( is this worth chasing? There is ine saying default 1/11/12 when iva was approved in Feb ... PRA group???? No clue who they are! 1 TTI SPC? Again default date a month later , iva is still on there..... start date correct but end date showing 00/00/00
Should this update and drop off this month or should I be chasing?


Personally I wouldn't bother about a month here and there -- it would probably take

longer to amend it then leave it be ! It would do no harm to send a copy of the completion paperwork regarding the IVA itself, but it should drop off itself on the 6th anniversary.

Is that after the certificate has been issued? Last payment was end of Jan
Date was 9th Feb 2012
I was going to see what happens end of this month
I am probably being impatient, i’m not looking at borrowing anything,
I have a vanquis card coming to use for fuel and repay in full
Just looking to get a car later tjis year
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 26512
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:18 pm
recovering wrote:
Foggy wrote:
recovering wrote:
So I have looked at the Experian report... there are 2 lloyds bank accounts with defaults a month later than iva waa approved...( is this worth chasing? There is ine saying default 1/11/12 when iva was approved in Feb ... PRA group???? No clue who they are! 1 TTI SPC? Again default date a month later , iva is still on there..... start date correct but end date showing 00/00/00
Should this update and drop off this month or should I be chasing?


Personally I wouldn't bother about a month here and there -- it would probably take

longer to amend it then leave it be ! It would do no harm to send a copy of the completion paperwork regarding the IVA itself, but it should drop off itself on the 6th anniversary.

Is that after the certificate has been issued? Last payment was end of Jan
Date was 9th Feb 2012
I was going to see what happens end of this month
I am probably being impatient, i’m not looking at borrowing anything,
I have a vanquis card coming to use for fuel and repay in full
Just looking to get a car later tjis year


Yes, it will drop off after the 6 years, but only once the completion certificate has been issued ... so, if you ended up in an 8 year IVA it would sit there for the 8 years.
User avatar
recovering
Posts: 1529
by recovering » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:33 pm
Foggy wrote:
recovering wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Personally I wouldn't bother about a month here and there -- it would probably take

longer to amend it then leave it be ! It would do no harm to send a copy of the completion paperwork regarding the IVA itself, but it should drop off itself on the 6th anniversary.

Is that after the certificate has been issued? Last payment was end of Jan
Date was 9th Feb 2012
I was going to see what happens end of this month
I am probably being impatient, i’m not looking at borrowing anything,
I have a vanquis card coming to use for fuel and repay in full
Just looking to get a car later tjis year


Yes, it will drop off after the 6 years, but only once the completion certificate has been issued ... so, if you ended up in an 8 year IVA it would sit there for the 8 years.

Had the cert last week so will wait til this month updates it says it does it towards the end of the month
User avatar
recovering
Posts: 1529
by recovering » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:11 pm
Thank tou guys ... agsin :)
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 22 guests