Credit score

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
recovering
by recovering » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:33 pm
Ho, I am a bit confused about the credit score business :D most of the accounts included in my IVA are not showing
Some are showing as £0 balances
It differs depending on clearscore and noddle
One is showing a default but it looks like the start date is a year after my IVA was approved
This is as far as I can see
It is a company I don’t recognise so assume the debt was sold on
Do I wait a month to see if they all update before doing anything? As My last payment was end of Jan?
I can see 2 Lloyds accounts showing as open but can’t see defaults just balances!
I neec to take a class to understand it :D
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:39 pm
Clearscore and Noddle are not real time and take 1 - 2 months to catch up with reality. To get a proper picture you do need to get a proper statutory report from each of the three agencies.

Have a read of my article (https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record) and my latest blog entries.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:22 pm
I agree with Foggy. Pay for your report so you can check what is showing on there.
recovering
by recovering » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:18 pm
This inability to understand it all may be an indication how I got into this mess!!!
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:16 am
You might find this quick video I made about cleaning up your credit record useful:

https://youtu.be/PV4RzUY4BRM
Noddle and Clearscore are also free credit agencies to consider using:

https://www.noddle.co.uk/
https://www.clearscore.com/
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:10 am
As Foggy says - Clearscore and Noddle are not real time.

Experian, Equifax and Call credit will send you an up to date record for a couple of quid each.
recovering
by recovering » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:21 pm
So I have looked at the Experian report... there are 2 lloyds bank accounts with defaults a month later than iva waa approved...( is this worth chasing? There is ine saying default 1/11/12 when iva was approved in Feb ... PRA group???? No clue who they are! 1 TTI SPC? Again default date a month later , iva is still on there..... start date correct but end date showing 00/00/00
Should this update and drop off this month or should I be chasing?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:52 pm
recovering wrote:
So I have looked at the Experian report... there are 2 lloyds bank accounts with defaults a month later than iva waa approved...( is this worth chasing? There is ine saying default 1/11/12 when iva was approved in Feb ... PRA group???? No clue who they are! 1 TTI SPC? Again default date a month later , iva is still on there..... start date correct but end date showing 00/00/00

Personally I wouldn't bother about a month here and there -- it would probably take longer to amend it then leave it be ! It would do no harm to send a copy of the completion paperwork regarding the IVA itself, but it should drop off itself on the 6th anniversary.
recovering
by recovering » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:10 pm
Foggy wrote:
recovering wrote:

Personally I wouldn't bother about a month here and there -- it would probably take

longer to amend it then leave it be ! It would do no harm to send a copy of the completion paperwork regarding the IVA itself, but it should drop off itself on the 6th anniversary.

Is that after the certificate has been issued? Last payment was end of Jan
Date was 9th Feb 2012
I was going to see what happens end of this month
I am probably being impatient, i’m not looking at borrowing anything,
I have a vanquis card coming to use for fuel and repay in full
Just looking to get a car later tjis year
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:18 pm
recovering wrote:
Foggy wrote:
recovering wrote:

Personally I wouldn't bother about a month here and there -- it would probably take

longer to amend it then leave it be ! It would do no harm to send a copy of the completion paperwork regarding the IVA itself, but it should drop off itself on the 6th anniversary.

Date was 9th Feb 2012

Yes, it will drop off after the 6 years, but only once the completion certificate has been issued ... so, if you ended up in an 8 year IVA it would sit there for the 8 years.
recovering
by recovering » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:33 pm
Foggy wrote:
recovering wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Date was 9th Feb 2012

Yes, it will drop off after the 6 years, but only once the completion certificate has been issued ... so, if you ended up in an 8 year IVA it would sit there for the 8 years.

Had the cert last week so will wait til this month updates it says it does it towards the end of the month
recovering
by recovering » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:11 pm
Thank tou guys ... agsin :)
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”