Creditfix annual review - sorry

13 posts Page 1 of 1
Leigh.p
by Leigh.p » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:03 pm
I appreciate this has probably been asked before.
I am approaching my two year iva anniversary in January and have been pestered to allow creditfix access to my internet banking for the past couple of weeks. I was transferred from Knightsbridge. Last year, (I say last year but it was actually only in March this year) I refused to allow access and they willingly sent me the I/E form and requested six months bank statements which was pretty painless and things stayed the same.
This year, I emailed to say I wasn’t comfortable with the situation and I received a phone call today to say this was no longer an option.
I don’t really know whether to just go ahead and allow the access as it seems to be quick and easy but I do feel a little uncomfortable about it. Is there anything I can send in an email to creditfix to say I don’t have to do this if I decide not to allow them? I don’t want to cause a fuss for no reason, but I was happy doing it the way I have previously. The agent on the phone told me this was the only option but from reading previous posts I understand this is not the case.

Grateful for any experiences or thoughts.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:09 pm
The obligation to allow third party access was not in your original terms of engagement and, at no time, were you asked to agree to this as an obligation. They are obliged to continue your arrangement on the already agreed terms and conditions.
Leigh.p
by Leigh.p » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:29 pm
Thank you, foggy. I have emailed them back with words to that effect. I think it’s easy to feel like I have to be super nice to them and do what they say in case they put my payment up! but handing over my details just doesn’t sit right with me.
redboxtree
by redboxtree » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:40 pm
Agreed - an IVA is a contract with obligations on all sides.

If CF are seeking to change the contract and the contract does not specifically include how assessments are done in this way, then they have to change the contract.
abbiesmum2003
by abbiesmum2003 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:43 pm
I have been with CF and always did paper reviews.
No way would i be allowing access to my online banking. Theres got to be some sort of security risk with that??
They dont like conflict and cave when you start quoting your terms conditions and agreements.
They cannot alter your payment on grounds you dont allow access to bank account.
Hope you can continue and get your review done smoothly without giving them
access to your bank.
Leigh.p
by Leigh.p » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:16 pm
Thanks all, I hope so too. I await their response...
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:28 pm
Quote your banking terms to them, about not allowing other people access to your online banking and how if you did so, the any fraud occurred, you would be liable.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:48 pm
Mrs_Brown wrote:
Quote your banking terms to them, about not allowing other people access to your online banking and how if you did so, the any fraud occurred, you would be liable.

They no longer apply as many banks have signed up to allowing third party access. Howver the responsibility for the account security still lies with the account holder.
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:25 pm
Foggy wrote:
Mrs_Brown wrote:

They no longer apply as many banks have signed up to allowing third party access. Howver the responsibility for the account security still lies with the account holder.

Ahh right, I am sure it is in my coop terms still, although I haven't read them closely lately :)
Leigh.p
by Leigh.p » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:09 pm
Unfortunately I’ve had no luck in convincing creditfix in letting me do it the original way. I’ve been threatened with my Iva being at risk so I’m feeling worried enough to probably just do as I’m told.
Any experiences of this method, My finances are pretty straight forward in that I’m a poor student so things haven’t drastically changed from last year.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:20 pm
Unfortunately they do hold all the cards, however, I would be inclined to still lodge a complaint and refer to the regulatory body, even having complied. They are acting unreasonably.
Leigh.p
by Leigh.p » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:47 pm
Thanks, I’ve completed it which certainly wasn’t as quick and easy as they suggested...it came out that my disposable income was -£230 a month (it isn’t, I manage ok) so it’ll be interesting to see how this one unfolds...
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:37 pm
Interestingly enough Mel and Stephen on this thread opted to submit hard copies and refuse access to online accounts -- and CF did and are doing it that way !!

creditfix-annual-review-t86243#p731771
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “annual review”