Creditfix annual review

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
mel865
by mel865 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:21 pm
Hi All,

I’ve had a request from Creditfix for my annual review (year no.2) but they want to access my account online.
Do I have to allow them this access? I have no problem supplying them with 6 months statement as I did last year, but to actually allow them access to my online account seems a step too far. They tried it last year and the portal they’re using wouldn’t work in my account but it seems they’re using a different portal this year.

My monies changed (of which I informed them) different wage, but same amount coming in through child maintenance and lodger. Plus I need a review of expenditure which CF agreed that I could do at this review as they weren’t interested when I advised them of change of circumstances.

Creditfix have made a complete hash of my IVA contract, overtime payments, etc... it’s been a total shambles from the start and I just don’t trust them to have this level of access into my privacy.
Does anyone know where I stand.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:24 pm
You do not have to give them this third party access to your account, they can work with paper copies as before.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:12 pm
It was never a prerequisite of your IVA proposal, so as Foggy says you can decline and continue to supply paper statements.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:02 am
You don't have to do it - I wouldn't.
Stephend0890
by Stephend0890 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:00 pm
Hi,

I had same with credit fix regarding third party, I called up and asked to do my review with paper copys and they were fine, they asked for 6 months of bank and wage slips, I sent 3 months in and it wasn't a problem.
sarah859
by sarah859 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:02 pm
hello, I had them ask me to do this and I said I'd rather not. they called me last night to say this is now how they do things because they were losing paperwork and that I have to do it.

I did this last night so they have my statements but it came up with the affordability stats (which FYI didn't seem to even generate my monthly wage correctly) and it states that my excess income is -454. this is rubbish, I have never been in minus figures with my current bank and always have at least a very little left over until I am paid again.

I've never missed a payment with my iva and live comfortably since starting it. I am worried they'll now stop it because of this "cutting edge" software and i'll lose my house :'(
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:08 pm
sarah859 wrote:
hello, I had them ask me to do this and I said I'd rather not. they called me last night to say this is now how they do things because they were losing paperwork and that I have to do it.

I did this last night so they have my statements but it came up with the affordability stats (which FYI didn't seem to even generate my monthly wage correctly) and it states that my excess income is -454. this is rubbish, I have never been in minus figures with my current bank and always have at least a very little left over until I am paid again.

I've never missed a payment with my iva and live comfortably since starting it. I am worried they'll now stop it because of this "cutting edge" software and i'll lose my house :'(

You DO NOT have to do it --- when you signed up the arrangement was based on providing information by giving them paper copies, no where did you agree to third party access and they cannot force that on you now. Losing paperwork is just an indication of their poor practice.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:14 pm
No way would I do it. You can always copy and paste (delete any personal or account details) and email them across.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”