Creditfix took somebody else's monthly payments from my son

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
hoppo
by hoppo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:51 am
I am representing my son who is quite incapable of managing finances and looking after his debt. I was communicating with his IVA company Creditfix who were well aware I was dealing with his affairs. Before I could make the next payment of £200 a representative called my son personally and demanded £231 from him which he paid. When I queried this strange amount I received an email with a snapshot of account payments which bore no resemblance to my son's. Subsequent emails challenging this have gone unanswered. I am getting fed up with this company which seems to make plenty of mistakes and has a high turnover of staff so that your emails to individuals you have been speaking to go unanswered. On the point of contacting the FSA to complain.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:26 am
Hi,

First of all, check with the bank to see which account this money was paid into. Speak to someone higher up in the food chain and threaten to put an official complaint in via their internal system first. You also want to know why someone phoned up and asked for a totally different amount? Seems strange to me.
hoppo
by hoppo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:51 am
thanks for replying. The emails i am sending include 6 addresses. One of these at least is an insolvency practitioner but theyre on holiday. i would email the owner but cant find an email address for creditfix ceo.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:00 am
Hi Hoppo,

Have to agree with Kallis re speaking to someone higher up. Also they are regulated by the FCA now - the FSA are a dead parrot.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:06 am
You need to complain to Creditfix and if not resolved via the Gateway (not FCA) here:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:34 am
As Lisa says, complaints should be directed to their regulators via the Government Gateway using the link she provided. Creditfix are notoriously bad at communication, but, once you have tied down an individual, results follow.
hoppo
by hoppo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:54 am
thanks for the replies
managed to finally get hold of someone after a lot of badgering.
theyve apologised and will be refunding the money.
im still concerned we were sent a screenshot of a payment which we never made!!!???
redboxtree
by redboxtree » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:05 pm
Complain and if you remain dissatisfied make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

Their own internal reporting mechanisms (if they exist) should have picked this up as a data breach.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:36 pm
It unfortunately does happen sometimes - when we were starting out, we had paperwork sent to us which belonged to a prison officer in a different part of the country - names not even similar!!
redboxtree
by redboxtree » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:42 pm
Accept that it happens but it is not "just one of those things".

From next year they will have a legally responsibility to inform the other person that this occurred.

Also, the fines linked to data breaches are increasing plus various other changes will tighten up on current inconsistencies.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”