Creditors are still taking action

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
tony276
by tony276 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:18 pm
I have had a IVA granted in October, my chairman's report does not list all my creditors and these creditors are starting to chase me. I cant seem to get answers from my IP. One of my creditors actually took my work vehicle 9 weeks ago and won't give me it back until the debt is paid back to them.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:25 pm
tony276 wrote:
I have had a IVA granted in October, my chairman's report does not list all my creditors and these creditors are starting to chase me. I cant seem to get answers from my IP. One of my creditors actually took my work vehicle 9 weeks ago and won't give me it back until the debt is paid back to them.

Are they listed in the actual proposal ? The Chairman's Report might ony list those that voted. The creditor that took the work vehicle ---- how was this done and was the debt related to the vehicle (Lease / loan agreement) ?
tony276
by tony276 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:35 pm
The vehicle is owned by me, nothing to do with this company, it's just my own work van that I paid £12 A week to park at their premises overnight 7 days a week. I turned up at their yard and they said you owe us 15k and we are clamping your vehicle until we get the money back.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:34 am
Were they listed as a creditor in your proposal ? If they were but chose not to vote they are bound by the iva decision and are not allowed to hold onto your vehicle. Your IP needs to address this for you and if necessary I would contact your local citizens advice and seek their help in getting the creditor to understand the legalities of the iva.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:37 am
Your IP needs to be doing more to help - if your IVA was successfully implemented then ALL of your creditors are bound by it, regardless of whether/how they voted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”