creditors charges

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

bobby1969

Post by bobby1969 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:55 pm
my iva was in early august but i am receiving bills from my creditors saying i owe up till september
they also say i will get it put on my credit file
my problem is i was told i would get no charges after my iva date my creditors quote this but still put interest on my bill
i also thought all entries after august on my credit file would not me allowed as it shows a iva
i have not contacted my IP yet will i get a statement soon to confirm all figures or should i request it once all the debts have been confirmed

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:07 pm
If you are in an IVA your creditors cant keep adding interest.
Its probably just a case of the information not filtered through to the right department yet.
Technically no defaults should be recorded after the date the IVA was accepted but some still do.
Have a word with your IP and ask him/her to speak to these creditors on your behalf
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:33 pm
Don't worry about it - it's just a case of computer systems not having caught up yet.

As Lisa says, they can't add interest or charges now.

As to your credit record, they can add defaults as you will always owe the full amount until your IVA is completed. Once it is finished though, all defaults added after the initial approval have to be removed.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

bobby1969

Post by bobby1969 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:41 pm
i will just file these letters away again
its just like after working so hard to get a IVA i still have more hurdles to jump
the worst thing is i never missed a payment in the past and if creditors were more understanding i would have not got a IVA in the first place
cant wait till the letters stop

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:05 pm
They will stop. Just remember that they can do nothing to you. You are protected.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

carlmcmullen

Post by carlmcmullen » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:45 pm
I would typically say allow 6 - 8 weeks for the letters to stop, and dont be concerned about the interest that is being applied, once the creditor provides a proof of debt to your IP it has to be as of the date of your creditors meeting so none of these additinoal charges will be honoured.

As far as defaults registered they can still register a default, but once your IVA has been completed sucessfully the default will also show as satisfied.

Good luck

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:10 am
We were lucky in that ours stopped straight away, I do know of posters who have had problems for quite a while afterwards.

Just take no notice of what they say and if it still persists, get your IP to sort them out.
Bob Marley.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”