Creditors meeting adjourned

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

craig110

User avatar
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by craig110 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:44 pm
Hi,

Just wondering if somebody could help at least put my mind at ease as I haven’t slept or ate properly in what feels like forever.

I contacted credit fix around beginning of August and they were so nice and helpful my creditors meeting was arranged for 28th August and I heard absolutely nothing despite chasing a few times. I finally managed to get hold of them and was advised that my meeting has been adjourned because 2 of my creditors (MBNA & Tesco) rejected due to credit fix fees and we need Tesco to approve as I hold 30% with them. I have then been told it can take up to 2 weeks which I know hasn’t passed yet but I have heard nothing at all.
I’m obviously panicking about it now so much and I think the lack of correspondence makes me panic even more but I feel like I’m hassling them by keep chasing it up. They had said that during the 2 weeks they will try a couple of different negotiations do you think they are likely to budge or will that be it?
In the meantime I have put all my debt accounts on hold but now I’m panicking it gets rejected and I then make everything worse by now having not paid this month and then where do I go from that?
Some reassurance or advice would be great.

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 31262
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:56 pm
I am afraid that, with CF at the moment, reassurance is thin on the ground. They have had a few issues lately by upsetting creditors over fees and are even shifting adjourned applications to other firms to try to get them through.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

craig110

User avatar
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by craig110 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:07 pm
Thanks for replying to me.

This is just the worst feeling I don’t know what to do with myself, if this doesn’t end up working out, am I able to find another company instead do try or is that it then? If I can try with another company is there any that you could recommend who might be more helpful or perhaps have smaller fees so it would be more likely to be accepted?

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 31262
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:11 pm
Have a read of this post and the links in my replies : first-stage-of-iva-went-easy-waiting-fo ... off-t89632 as well as advice given.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”