Creditors meeting

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
45 posts Page 3 of 3
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:32 pm
Fingers crossed from me as well!
rae25
by rae25 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:09 pm
hi it's been adjourned again until the 22nd , don't know how much more I can take
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:13 pm
For the same reason? It appears to be getting silly now.
rae25
by rae25 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:16 pm
Yeah one vote not in and won't tell me which one it is or which way it's going. Assuming must be one of the biggest who have a 30% vote each
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:19 pm
If they have been told of the IVA doesn't matter if they don't vote as they have to abide by the majority.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:32 pm
It makes no sense - why won't they tell you the votes they have received - you are entitled to this information!

I wonder if a creditor has put a modification forward reducing their fees or affecting them and they are trying to out vote it...

Insist on a breakdown of all votes and modifications received to date.
rae25
by rae25 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:41 pm
Another phone call to a very helpful young man (finally). No modifications are in place just one of the majority creditors have said they haven't had enough time to review rather than a rejection being overturned , which I didn't quite understand.He said it could be adjourned again but reassured that it is in their interest for the iva to go ahead.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:34 am
At least you now have a better understanding of why adjournment again however to me this is not a good start and is adding pressure on unnecessarily.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:13 am
If that was the reason for the adjournment then someone should have told you so. Creditors do sometimes ask for extra time when they are swamped or short staffed and this does not in any reflect on your proposal.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:19 am
rae25 wrote:
Another phone call to a very helpful young man (finally). No modifications are in place just one of the majority creditors have said they haven't had enough time to review rather than a rejection being overturned , which I didn't quite understand.He said it could be adjourned again but reassured that it is in their interest for the iva to go ahead.

Keep his name and get his email address !
rae25
by rae25 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:00 pm
Accepted!!! finally, no modifications, everyone voted in favour except Argos and next who didn't vote at all. In 60 months I'll be debt free maximum !! (my sister did offer to do a full and final after a couple of years) . It's amazing I feel so relieved even though I know it's going to be really tough there's finally an end in sight to the constant borrowing from one to pay another and consolidations which have never worked for me. Thanks everyone for your help.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:03 pm
Well done, Rae. We are all here to help with your journey.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:48 pm
Brilliant news - really pleased for you!
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:42 pm
Well done.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:36 am
So pleased after the delay you have the positive outcome you so rightly deserve x
45 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”