Creditors not posting on credit file.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Pigger479
by Pigger479 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:13 pm
I’ve been in an iva since June and two creditors are still posting on my credit file as account either in arrangement or late payments . One In particular (indigo Micheal) has changed from loan to credit card?! I’ve addressed this email to both companies and have been ignored! Any ideas? Or do I just let it go?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:28 pm
You really need to get them to post the account as in default, with a default date of the start date of the IVA, so the thing falls off record in 6 years,along with the IVA. Have a look here .. the template can be adapted: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
Pigger479
by Pigger479 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:53 am
Foggy wrote:
You really need to get them to post the account as in default, with a default date of the start date of the IVA, so the thing falls off record in 6 years,along with the IVA. Have a look here .. the template can be adapted: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record

I’ve emailed both companies several times. Do I start looking to go down official complaints route ?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:59 am
You can complain but I would leave it until you are nearing the end - it's not going to make a lot of difference at the moment.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:10 pm
Pigger479 wrote:
Foggy wrote:

I’ve emailed both companies several times. Do I start looking to go down official complaints route ?

There is no immediate rush ... but I would write by snail mail (recorded) and if no response escalate to the ICO as mentioned in the article I linked to.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:47 am
As Kallis says it may be best to leave until nearer the end of the IVA. It's best to check your credit reports even after the 6 years as things can re-appear on your reports out of the blue due to Creditor error.

Regards
Johng79
by Johng79 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:34 pm
In a similar situation and wondering who the creditor you should be contacting to correct default date?

i have a couple of debts that were sold on to pra group for example. should it be original creditor that i contact, or the new owner of said debt?
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:05 pm
Hi John,

As we understand it only the Company who recorded the default can amend it so whichever creditor it's under on the credit report they are the one to contact.

Regards
Johng79
by Johng79 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:20 pm
Ryan wrote:
Hi John,

As we understand it only the Company who recorded the default can amend it so whichever creditor it's under on the credit report they are the one to contact.

Regards

Cheers Ryan. Really wasnt sure who was responsible
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:03 pm
Hi John,
If you want to send copies of the reports over, we can have a look over them and supply a letter which should help you
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”