Debt free direct and aperture

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Posts: 39
by nuttymarbles » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:49 pm
As everyone probably knows debt free direct have been taken over by aperture, long story short I have been offered by a family memeber to clear my iva I still have 3 years to go, and I won't be able to keep paying very soon due to personal reasons, I rang them and submitted the forms in August, I am still waiting for someone to even read /acknowledge them, and everytime I call I am fobbed off with lies, literally they all tell me something diffrent, including aperture, soon I will stop paying as this is taking so long (personal reasons) i have informed them and they were not too fussed about me getting my account into arrears, I mean it wouldn't be so bad if they had actually even read them, but they are doing nothing, is there anyway I can complain or get a solicitor involved, as its totally out of order the way its being dealt with. Thank you for any advice :cry:
Last edited by nuttymarbles on Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Posts: 66
by jonathah » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:06 am
Just my view, some may disagree, and please don't take offence, but I would much rather stick with an IVA (or indeed haggle with IP ) than take money off someone I know.

I was into some credit cards for quite a few K essentially after illness took me off the treadmill for a bit. Such Consumer debt and the IVA to me = Very impersonal, dealt with in a cold, pragmatic manner as the optimum solution. Doesn't really bother me.

Take/borrow money off someone I know? All becomes a bit personal, would really bother me, That kind of thing can go wrong.


Merry Crimbo.

PS don't stop paying before something's agreed, it'll screw up anything you try to agree,
User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 27494
by Foggy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:15 am
I have to echo Jonathah's last sentence there --- do not just stop paying !

Rightly or wrongly ( I would go for the latter) Aperture are falling into arreas in responding to anything at the moment, due, again, to an under resourced and researched take on of another caseload. I will get sorted in the end.

You can lodge a complaint with their regulators, but this will not help your situation. I would suggest a complaint, by recorded deliver (traditional snail mail), direct to the IP, explaining the facts and making "time of the essence". Maybe they could agree a payment break (in writing!) while they sort themselves out.
Posts: 47
by Krif » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:44 pm
We are having the same issue. But waiting for completion certificate. When I get through eventually they said it's on a pile to be sorted as only a few staff have come over from dfd who are being made redundant next month.
User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 10301
by luluj » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:50 pm
Absolurety echo foggy - do not stop paying without agreement in writing however frustrated you are feeling - you run the risk of iva failure despite yiur efforts to instruct a f&f offer.

Write a letter and send it recorded delivery - then hopefully they will act.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests