Debt free Direct in receivership

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Nigel not happy
by Nigel not happy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:10 pm
WARNING STILL PAYING DEBTFREE?
According to https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04160038/insolvency Debtfree Direct are in receivership and have been since 1/9/17, I have sent payment on 24/9/17 whats happened to it, what's happening to all my money paid to them for my creditors as they not paid much to them yet but I have paid over £14000 of a £15000 debts.
A form we filled out for DFD to keep IVA going has been returned "address inaccessible" even though the parent company Fairpoint http://www.fairpoint.co.uk/home.html is still going and at same address, they still list DFD but the link to DFD website goes to a holding saying "hello world"

So what happens now
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:47 pm
Hi. First off .. DFD is not in receivership. It's parent company, Fairpoint, has gone into administration. DFD itself has been purchased as a going concern by Aperture and they will continue business as normal.

Please have a look here: https://apertureiva.com/dfd/

PS -- original post edited to remove inadequately hidden language.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:18 pm
Appreciate your frustration and I am sure if in your shoes I too would be extremely concerned to know what has happened with payments to date.
Contact Aperture and I am sure they will resolve the situation.
Nigel not happy
by Nigel not happy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:22 pm
OK Wrong word administration, that means unable to run itself, Fairpoint happily bimbling along running 3 their other companies, Have had no notification from them or others, I aint paying nowt into a bank account I dont know if it exists as has already happened with one of DFD bank accounts we had been paying into for 6 years, lost 3 months of payments that way only when they asked (as it happens as the were going into admin.) and we set up new and reset IVA hence the form that got returned.
Smell a rat
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:59 pm
No rat -- just a shambles, as often happens in these takeovers. Contact Aperture via the info in the link and they will be able to explain .... although, again, as in previous takeovers, there may well be a time lapse while they get to grips with a different operating system and access the records. Aperture are a very reputable company (even if I don't always agree with they way they do things! ).
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:18 am
It takes time to sort out the administration of such a large quantity of cases following the Administration and sale of your IVA firm.

Aperture should be writing to you at some point and eventually they will locate the funds and allocate them to your IVA.
Last edited by Lisa Thomas on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Southall1
by Southall1 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:55 am
Lisa Thomas wrote:
It takes time to sort out the administration of such a large quantity of cases following the Administration and sale of your IVA form.

Aperture should be writing to you at some point and eventually they will locate the funds and allocate them to your IVA.

Debt free direct receivership
Hi
I am in a bit of a panic as I have just read that DFD are in administration. I completed my last payment to DFD on 3rd June to complete my IVA. They sent me a letter on the 30.05.2017 to tell me they had issued a six month extension notice and since then I have heard nothing. I am concerned make that terrified) that all thos epayments totalling around £35000 will now just disappear and I will be left at square one. this is obviously extremely stressful. there is nobody available as phone lines just go to a dead line and the new company (Aventure) are not picking up either, apparently customer services are unavailable. Could you give me some advice please??
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:56 am
Southall1 wrote:
Lisa Thomas wrote:
It takes time to sort out the administration of such a large quantity of cases following the Administration and sale of your IVA form.

Debt free direct receivership
Hi
I am in a bit of a panic as I have just read that DFD are in administration. I completed my last payment to DFD on 3rd June to complete my IVA. They sent me a letter on the 30.05.2017 to tell me they had issued a six month extension notice and since then I have heard nothing. I am concerned make that terrified) that all thos epayments totalling around £35000 will now just disappear and I will be left at square one. this is obviously extremely stressful. there is nobody available as phone lines just go to a dead line and the new company (Aventure) are not picking up either, apparently customer services are unavailable. Could you give me some advice please??

Your money will not dissappear and Aperture will pick up the reigns and sort it out as soon as they are able, once the records have been transferred to their system form DFD's. This will take some time. Please have a look here: https://apertureiva.com/dfd/
nuttymarbles
by nuttymarbles » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:52 pm
luluj wrote:
Appreciate your frustration and I am sure if in your shoes I too would be extremely concerned to know what has happened with payments to date.
Contact Aperture and I am sure they will resolve the situation.

Contacting them is just as useless, debt free direct tell you one thing, (a pack of lies) and then aperture tell you another, for instance i was told by a member of dfd only last week, oh yes aperture have all the accounts now and they can access them, rang today and now they dont have access until the end of November, wouldn't be so so bad if someone knew what the heck was going on, shambles.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:17 pm
I'm afraid these things take time and everyone's money will be safe. Aperture are a good company.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”