Debt Free Direct no longer trading been sold off!!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Annadc73
by Annadc73 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:08 pm
Hi, I have just found out that Debt Free Direct are no longer trading and have been sold off.........is that correct?
What is the situation for them receiving just short of £10K from RBS and DFD cannot give me information of where funds have gone too!
Looking forward to your reply...........
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:15 pm
The parent compnay, Fairpoint, has gone into administration and DFD itself has been taken on as a going concern by Aperture. Aperture will be contacting everyone in due course.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:34 pm
Agree with Foggy - you have nothing to worry about. Your IVA will continue as normal.
Annadc73
by Annadc73 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:45 pm
Foggy wrote:
The parent compnay, Fairpoint, has gone into administration and DFD itself has been taken on as a going concern by Aperture. Aperture will be contacting everyone in due course.

Not good when you put your trust in these Companies and they cannot even do a responsible job themselves........what hope or trust do people have in the future!
I got a abrupt response of States Trustees will contact you under a separate cover regarding vacation of office in terms of my IVA trust....what on earth is going on if your IVA company is no longer trading............such a terrifying venture if anyone wanting to pursue........who will have the confidence if the company DFD is now not trading?
Annadc73
by Annadc73 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:52 pm
Speak Volumes..........of concern indeed!
Annadc73
by Annadc73 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:09 pm
kallis3 wrote:
Agree with Foggy - you have nothing to worry about. Your IVA will continue as normal.

WHAT!???? My IVA finished 2015, but they have funds of over £10K From PPI's it seems no one really knows what so going on.........and if your IVA Company folds what hope do people have think Good Morning would adore this story................SERIOUSLY NOT GOOD PRACTICE AT ALL!!!!!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:14 pm
The PPI refund will be allocated to your creditors. With regard to putting your trust in these firms I am sorry to say that firms of all types are going to the wall every day -- not from a wish or plan to do so. They are being put under pressure in this industry by the "big boys" and the creditors squeezing their income.
Annadc73
by Annadc73 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:19 pm
I have many people who I know friends relatives in Media...this something serious that people should be aware of indeed!!!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:46 pm
Annadc73 wrote:
I have many people who I know friends relatives in Media...this something serious that people should be aware of indeed!!!

I agree -- there are many issues that need dealing with in the industry and the forum sponsors are trying to get together as a group to get the word out there.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:46 am
Apologies Anna - I thought you were still in an IVA.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”