debt free direct., two questions

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

fran.9

Post by fran.9 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:12 pm
I have taken out an iva with debt free direct. they have asked me to pay £219 a month. I have asked them twice now to reaccess me. My husbands wages have been reduced by just over £100 a month, and my winter heating bills have been nearly double what I was allotted as a monthly amount. I'm afraid I have two questions for you. The first is, how can I get them to review my outgoings? The second one is I have not been able to make the repayments they are asking for, what will happen to me for not being able to make the payments?
Thank you in anticipation of any help you can give me.
Fran

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:38 pm
Hi Fran.9
Welcome to the forum,
There is an DFD rep who posts on here called Declan, he will be able to answer your questions, you should be able to contact him via the experts section.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:44 pm
If you are unable to maintain the payments your IVA will fail and you will be back to square one with creditors.

Talk again with DFD and insist on a rview of income and expenditure.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:53 pm
Hi Fran and welcome to the forum,

How long have you been in the IVA?

If your circumstances have changed, then your IP can reduce the payments upto 15% without consulting creditors. If the paymnets need to be reduced by more than 15%, your IP can call a creditors meeting. There's no guarantee the reduced payments will be accepted, but it wouldn't be in anyones interest for the IVA to fail.

As Pandy has said, Declan from DFD posts on here and should pick this up on Monday.

Declan at DebtFreeDirect

Post by Declan at DebtFreeDirect » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:12 am
Hi Fran
If you are struggling with your monthly contributions and as you mentioned your circumstances have changed, then we will be able to review your case as soon as possible. If you email me your case details (my contact details are found under the experts section) I will be more then happy to help get this resolved for you.
Thanks
Declan Murray
Debt Advisor
Debt Free Direct - the UK's largest IVA provider.
http://www.debtfreedirect.co.uk/iva/
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”