debt that has been sold

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

codytdog

Post by codytdog » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:54 pm
Hi all, I am half way through year 4 and have just been told that I have doen all that is necessary to try and remortgage (by DFD) however MAx recovery are claiming for a £7000 debt on a barclays mastercard account sold to them and not declared on the orginal IVA!!! I told DFD I was 100% certain I had not missed any (especially one for £7000). I dug all of my Barclays paperwork out to prove I had one mastercard that had been declared and scanned it to DFD. I then phoned Barclays who told me that the account number that MAX recovery had was for my declared mastercard. I had put the card number (as on my bills) and they had sold the account number (a number I had never seen). Although this proves the card I declared is the one MAX recovery bought, I am still worrying as this will take time to clear up (assumoing they do not argue the point). After all this time I should be looking forward to a clean bill of health in six months time and not back to square 1 of all the worries....Has anyone else had this experience and where do I srtand about having to do all the running to prove something that is not my fault? Although I will say that Sam (DFD) who is helping with this has been excellent. I am still feeling angry and frustrated over this though....

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:23 pm
Hi
You have nothing to worry about.
Declan fron DFD posts on this site and I am sure that he will pick this post up and get it sorted.
Regards
Andam Davies
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”