Decaring my completed iva in a mortgage application

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
kim715
by kim715 » Sun May 06, 2018 7:02 am
I finished my Iva in May 2016. I am no longer on the insolvency register and everything has dropped off my file. I’m looking to buy my first house. When applying for a mortgage is there a way they can find out about the Iva? I’ve received an AIP but they haven’t asked about Iva yet? Will it be asked on full application? Sorry for so many questions!
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:01 am
If it doesn't ask the question you don't have to tell them. If it does ask if you have ever been insolvent you have to be honest and answer yes.
kim715
by kim715 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:13 am
kallis3 wrote:
If it doesn't ask the question you don't have to tell them. If it does ask if you have ever been insolvent you have to be honest and answer yes.

Thank you. From your experience do most tend to ask?!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun May 06, 2018 8:44 am
There is a high probability that the question will be asked. The trick is to know which lenders ask it and how they ask it. Some will ask "Have you been in an IVA in the last 6 years?" YES. Some will ask "Have you entered an IVA in the last 6 years?" NO (If, as I assume, you entered it in 2011) and, of course, some will ask "Have you ever been in an IVA?" YES

Some will put great weight on the answer, other not so much.

We have had posts where the borrower has gone to a High Street Broker, been given an AIP and then refused at the last hurdle. I would strongly suggest you have a chat with a broker with experience of adverse credit applications.

Ryan and / or Shaun would be a good place to start --- they are both whole of market brokers who have helped place mortgages for quite a few of our members. There details can be found here:

Ryan: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=18488
Shaun: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=22837

Best of luck.
kim715
by kim715 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:07 am
Thank you - that’s good to know. I don’t suppose any one out there can advise which lenders they’ve been with that ask the question “have you entered into an IVA in the lady six years?” rather than the other two?! Thanks in advance.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:06 am
Personally, no but Ryan and Shaun come highly recomended.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”