Default dates

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Twiglet
by Twiglet » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:56 am
Hello, I need some advice regarding default dates registered on my credit file when I checked on noodle. I started my IVA in March 2013 (after initially starting as DMP in Jan 2013). My creditors have recently (only this week) accepted funds paid to date as a settlement (yay!). After seeing a post on here, I decided to check my credit score whilst I’m still registered in the IVA so I can compare it once it eventually drops off (not even expecting completion certificate for 3-6 months). Whilst I was looking through my credit report on noodle, I noticed one creditor (PRA group) which one of my debts was sold to is showing as a default in January 2017 which I believe was when the account was sold to them. Should this show as March 2013 like my other debts do? I also checked clearscore and PRA group is showing March 2013. How do I challenge the one that’s listed as January this year? I’m also not entirely sure which of my debts it was originally as virtually all of them were sold on!

Thank you very much!
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:00 am
Get in touch with this creditor and explain what has happened - your default date should be at the start of your IVA. Once you get your completion you can always send them a copy.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:02 am
Write to the data controller at the creditors address, as Kallis says, and explain that they have correctly reported the default date to one CRA but not another and ask that they amend the date to match the start date of the IVA.
Twiglet
by Twiglet » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:45 pm
Thank you both for your replies! I’ll contact them to ask them to change it! Thank you
Twiglet
by Twiglet » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:45 pm
Thank you both for your replies! I’ll contact them to ask them to change it! Thank you
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”