Despite being told everything would remain the same my payments will be doubled

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
john886
by john886 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:06 pm
9 Years ago I tried to start an IVA with debt free direct but was told I could not have one because I part owend my house the passed me on to lawrence and charlton part of DFD (did not know at the time)I paid them £400 for the next 4 years,then when they went bust,hay presto DFD said I could have an IVA.paid for 5 years and thought it was almost finished when they hit me with another years payments to cover equity in the house.Payments all agreed for the extra year when they go bust and the IVA gets passed on to Apature.They said everything would remain as it was.Today I received an email telling me that they had revuied our case and they are now going to double our payments fro £300 to £605 a month.Is this ever going to come to an end? or is there a way of getting these sharks off my back.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:24 pm
First of all the sharks will be off your back when you complete this final year, so you are nearly there. As for the payment increase, have Aperture explained why ? They can only increase your payments if your income has risen, or household expenditure has reduced.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:43 am
You need to ask them the reasons why you have this increase. Either phone them or email them and ask for a breakdown.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:21 am
They would have given you an explanation - how have they arrived at the new figure?
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”