Dfd to apiture near a year still no completion certificate

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Krif
by Krif » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:27 am
Some may remember we did a full and final with dfd and they expected everything to be sorted in June 2017. Then the move to apiture happened. Over been chasing them ever since. First with the small dfd transfer team who said all creditors had been paid and it's with the closure team. Same from apiture in November. Still nothing. Over called every month since still nothing. Rang beginning of this month nd was told they had sent me a closure letter. I've not had one letter from them. So they emailed it me & said would post me another. Still nothing. Rang yesterday another person said we don't post letter just email them? Said will post me a copy out. I've asked for it by recorded delivery as I've had no post from them. She then said it's with the closure team and funds need to be divided out. I said so your saying nobody has been paid then. She said they have. I said how when there is money in the account when I've been told people had been paid last year. She just said is one get the certificate till people been paid.
I asked for her manager she in a meeting so asked her their manager in a meeting. Asked for a call back that will be 48 hours but it won't be in 48 hours.

Help where do I go from here. They have had out full and final money for nearly a year gaining interest. No completion has been done. She said they have only started working on my case in March this year after I made a complaint. Why has nobody been paid when all apiture had to do was the certificate. Our iva was naturally due to end ma 2018 anyway so we have paid a full and final a year early due to medical reasons and all they have done is caused us more stress and made the condition worse.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:50 am
Write directly to the IP by recorded delivery (keeping copies) and make a formal complaint. If you get no resolution within a reasonable timeframe ( I would suggest 21 days) you can escaltae the complaint to their regulators via the Government Gateway at https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
Krif
by Krif » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:41 am
Thank you.
Where do I find the ip name and is it apiture address I send it to? Would it be the persons name on the closure letter? I contacted them about not all creditors being on the closure letter but again no response. Then got another person's name who's dealing with the closure. It's the other person saying funds haven't been paid th as got me so what happens with the years worth of interest they have now got from the full and final figure.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:10 am
The closure papers should have a paragraph similar to this one somewhere:

"I, Mark Allen of Grant Thornton, Water's Edge, Clarendon Dock, Belfast BT1 3BH, Chartered
Accountant, the Supervisor of the aforementioned voluntary arrangements give notice pursuant to
Rule 5.34(2) of the Insolvency Rules 1986 that my duties are complete and that the arrangements
have been fully implemented."

The person named there is the IP.
Krif
by Krif » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:12 pm
The letter I was emailed starts like this.

Please find enclosed a copy of my final report pursuant to rule 8.31 of the Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016.

It's signed by a supervisor not a ip so are we even further back than I've been told.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:17 pm
Krif wrote:
The letter I was emailed starts like this.

Please find enclosed a copy of my final report pursuant to rule 8.31 of the Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016.

It's signed by a supervisor not a ip so are we even further back than I've been told.

The IP is known as the Supervisor (with a capital "S"), so might be one and the same - --- in any event the final report is usually issued along with the completion certificate, so you shouldn't be any farther back than you thought. What is the name of the signatory ?
Krif
by Krif » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:08 pm
The name on the letter is Elaine Masters. What would her email address be as it just says contact apiture if any questions which is the main number. But they are useless. I've already put in a complaint over the phone. Not heard anything back from that.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:16 pm
Krif wrote:
The name on the letter is Elaine Masters. What would her email address be as it just says contact apiture if any questions which is the main number. But they are useless. I've already put in a complaint over the phone. Not heard anything back from that.

Apparently there is an Elaine Masters at Debt Compass Ltd, in Altrincham with a cleardebt email address !!
Krif
by Krif » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:26 pm
I've just searched but can't find the email address. Could you post it & would it matter that it's not for her at apiture?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:03 pm
Krif wrote:
I've just searched but can't find the email address. Could you post it & would it matter that it's not for her at apiture?

If she is the same person ... the published email is elaine.masters@cleardebt.co.uk ---- don't know how current the Insolvency Service records are
Krif
by Krif » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:34 am
Brilliant thanks. I might send a general email enquiring first before sending any personal stuff just in case. See if this can get things moving any further. Or a least if it is the right person they might realise what mess is happening below them.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:49 am
Krif
by Krif » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:00 pm
Sent an email last night to the one you have me for my IP. Got a email today with a copy of my completion certificate I've asked for a copy in the post as well. Then got another email saying the restriction has been taken off the property as well. Sent me a copy of te land registry doesn't make much sense but assume it's right.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:07 pm
Good news Krif!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:14 pm
Excellent --- finally some service ..eventually.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”