digital banking Online statement

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
24 posts Page 1 of 2
sue478
by sue478 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:05 pm
When CF download statements will it be from our current account or will they see our mortgage account and savings account too?
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:11 pm
? Creditfix will not have access to your bank statements unless you send them?
recovering
by recovering » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:15 pm
I think they “suggested” i give them
Access a while ago. I politely ignored the request without any implications
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:28 pm
You are not obliged to grant any third party access to your accounts.
J5453
by J5453 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:27 pm
There is no way I’d allow anyone to log into my accounts! If they want copies then fair do’s and send them in but in this day and age giving away personal banking details for me would be a no no. And I’d wonder if my bank would tell me to do one if my account was ever to be subject to fraudsters and they found out that I’ve actually given away personal details to someone else! Stick to sending in copies would be my humble opinion.
sue478
by sue478 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:00 pm
MerlinL14 wrote:
? Creditfix will not have access to your bank statements unless you send them?

What do you mean I thought they are downloaded from my bank when I connect via Cf, can I specify which account they access or is it automatic. I've never done it this way before
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:30 pm
You don't have to download it at all. You can send it via snail mail.
sue478
by sue478 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:26 am
If I allow creditfix to download my bank statement online will they download from multiple accounts or just the current account we have a mortgage account too and I wanted to know if this statement will be downloaded too if I give them access to my digital bank account what will happen
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:56 am
Personally I would not give any third party access to my bank accounts, especially given the less than professional way business is sometimes conducted.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:40 am
I agree with Foggy.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:31 am
Send them the statements they ask for if you are concerned about giving them digital access.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:34 am
Duplicate question. I have answered on the other thread but wonder why you are concerned about them seeing your 'other accounts'?
redboxtree
by redboxtree » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:40 am
Lisa Thomas wrote:
Duplicate question. I have answered on the other thread but wonder why you are concerned about them seeing your 'other accounts'?

Technology, functionality and rules around it are still new and bluntly IVA companies are coming across as making things up as they go along based on stuff being posted on the board at the moment.

IVA Practitioners in certain companies appear to be working on a basis of do what I say - not this is the reason why it needs to be done this way.

No individuals should take personal offence.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:32 am
redboxtree wrote:
Lisa Thomas wrote:

Technology, functionality and rules around it are still new and bluntly IVA companies are coming across as making things up as they go along based on stuff being posted on the board at the moment.

IVA Practitioners in certain companies appear to be working on a basis of do what I say - not this is the reason why it needs to be done this way.

No individuals should take personal offence.

Completely agree. I also have misgivings about the protections these "factories" are able to provide, given the slim grasp some seem to have on basic technology ... like the phone and / or postal system!
sue478
by sue478 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:20 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:

it's my husbands account mine was closed when I entered into an via I just feel it's an invasion of his privacy I just have my wages paid into his account
24 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”