digital banking Online statement

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
24 posts Page 2 of 2
SteveUK
by SteveUK » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:13 pm
No reputable company would ask for access to another persons online banking.

For one thing, if your bank account gets compromised the first thing the bank will ask is "Did you give anyone your login details". If you answer "Yes" then I would think you can, quite rightly, kiss goodbye to any anti fraud protection the bank offers.

If any so called 'Reputable' company asks for your bank login fetails I suggest you report it to your bank.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:47 pm
As regards the comment 'invasion of privacy' they are entitled to look at your husband's bank statements and he has a duty to cooperate and provide them if asked.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:48 pm
SteveUK wrote:
No reputable company would ask for access to another persons online banking.

For one thing, if your bank account gets compromised the first thing the bank will ask is "Did you give anyone your login details". If you answer "Yes" then I would think you can, quite rightly, kiss goodbye to any anti fraud protection the bank offers.

If any so called 'Reputable' company asks for your bank login fetails I suggest you report it to your bank.

Due to recent changes in banking practice, granting third party access is now possible and terms and conditions at most banks have been amended apropriately --- that is not to say it is a good idea, but it is an accepted change to the way we bank these days.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:52 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:
As regards the comment 'invasion of privacy' they are entitled to look at your husband's bank statements and he has a duty to cooperate and provide them if asked.

I disagree. If the solvent spouse wishes to keep their details out of the equation they are entirely entitled to do so, as long as the insolvent spouse is happy to agree to the assumptions the IP must then make.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:55 pm
It might be but I wouldn't give my details out to anyone other to a tried and trusted company I have used before.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:57 pm
Sorry Foggy - meant to agree with you on that!
sue478
by sue478 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:20 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:

Even if the Iva has nothing to do with him?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:55 pm
I would not allow anyone to look at my other halfs bank accounts!
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:39 am
Sorry I thought it was the husband in the IVA.

The debtor in the IVA is the one who has the duty to cooperate and have the IP look at their bank statements if needed.
24 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”