Disputed figures

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
cass402
by cass402 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:12 pm
Good afternoon,
i have been in an IVA since 2012 and am getting close to completion. I recently received a letter informing me that i am in breach of my IVA for not paying sums owed from the various wage reviews. This sum is approximately £8000. The various wage reviews over the years have been wildly off target as represented by the P60's. The suggestion is that my wife and i have been in receipt of approximately £16,000 in wage increase over the period 2012-2017. Looking at the P60's our joint wage increase has been £7.944 with £3,972 owing to my IVA company less £1000 which had been payed. I have raised my payments to the required level every time my I&E has shown an increase as requested by the IVA company.
As mentioned we are due to complete in January next year but we stand no chance of coming up with the figure that has been quoted.
I have raised this issue with the dispute team but received a letter back basically stating that the calculations are 100% correct and we need to pay or come up with a payment option within 3 weeks or the breach will come into effect. I cannot see where this figure of £16,000 can possibly have come from other than mathematical error.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:43 pm
Lodge a formal complaint requesting a full written breakdown of their calculations along with a written explanation as to why these figures are wildly different from the figures they calculated at each review and how they could make such significant errors every time. This will give you specifics to challenge, rather than a sweeping, unsupported statement.

If this fails you can complain to their regulatory body via the government gateway here: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
cass402
by cass402 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:58 pm
Foggy wrote:
Lodge a formal complaint requesting a full written breakdown of their calculations along with a written explanation as to why these figures are wildly different from the figures they calculated at each review and how they could make such significant errors every time. This will give you specifics to challenge, rather than a sweeping, unsupported statement.

If this fails you can complain to their regulatory body via the government gateway here: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner

Evening Foggy,
they said they use the industry standard of 3 wage slips supported by the P60 but surely when i'm getting this close to completion a quick glance at the accrued P60's should give them a solid, reliable figure which should be beyond contestation by both parties. I believe the route for formal complaints is to go to the IP in this case James Kaye or Nick Morgan and then if this is not resolved then escalate to the regulatory body...is this the right way to go?
Another issue i'm trying to resolve is a missing payment of £2,243 from Black Horse which went direct to Tudor Kirk...NTF have no record of it and suggested that BH paid the money direct to Lloyds. The letter in question is very clear as to where the cheque was sent and after phoning BH they confirmed it was cashed by Tudor Kirk.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:16 pm
Yes, complain to the IP and escalate if need be. The regulators will not actually intervene, but can fine the IP quite heavily if they find him at fault -- this usually gives them cause to look at your complaint seriously in case it hits them in the pocket.

Get confirmation in writing regarding the cashing of the cheque .... missappropriation of funds could well be a different kettle of fish for your IP to explain away!
cass402
by cass402 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:25 pm
Foggy wrote:
Yes, complain to the IP and escalate if need be. The regulators will not actually intervene, but can fine the IP quite heavily if they find him at fault -- this usually gives them cause to look at your complaint seriously in case it hits them in the pocket.

Get confirmation in writing regarding the cashing of the cheque .... missappropriation of funds could well be a different kettle of fish for your IP to explain away!

Cheers Foggy,
will do.
Ta
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”