DMP to IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Palerider67
by Palerider67 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:31 pm
Hi,
I have been with a dmp for 12 years and paid off £65000 with them. I have about 8 years to go. I am thinking about going into an IVA. Would my monthly payments to the IVA be around the same as my current payments to my DMP?
please advise
Thanks
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:54 pm
Your IVA payment would be based on your disposable income after all your bills are paid and allowance for utilities and food.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:21 pm
If your income has increased over the years and your payment in the DMP hasn't you might see an increase. I would suggest a chat with an IVA provider to see what the figures might come out at. I would also suggest a small to medium firm, rather than the "IVA factories" or the supposed "charity" firms.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:54 pm
Out of interest what reason did chose to do a DP originally, rather than an IVA or Bankruptcy?
Palerider67
by Palerider67 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:42 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:
Out of interest what reason did chose to do a DP originally, rather than an IVA or Bankruptcy?

Hi thanks for reply. Yes i should of gone for an IVA years ago.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:52 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:

Back when I started in 2010 it was a common thing for Payplan to put people in a DMP and convert to an IVA a year or two later. No idea why.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”