Do I have grounds for a complaint?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
richie611
by richie611 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:31 am
Ive been in an IVA for 6 years with NTF, I did 5 years then had to extend for another year now 8 months after the final payment I am still not released from the IVA. After a lot of back and forth they now wish to do a mortgage misspelling check. Which I had previously given them permission to do, but the time has elapsed. They now wish to have permission to all my mortgage information. Why would they need this?

For 8 months they have told me to be patient but now I have recieved letters from RBS saying they have sold my debt to a debt recovery team called Eversheds.

I have never missed a payment and I have always complied to every demand they have ever made. But I now have the strong suspicion they are trying to screw me over.

Should I go to a solicitor? Contact the Ombudsman or do something different?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun May 13, 2018 11:42 am
First check your paperwork -- in the proposal there should be a paragraph or two entitled "Length of Arrangement" ( or similar). This usually stipulated a 6 month period for closure, which can, by giving you prior notice, be extended a couple of times. If they have not given you notice you have grounds for complaint over the delay. Unfortunately the only people who will entertain a complaint is the IP's regulatory body, who can smack a wrist or levy a fine, but will not do much more.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon May 14, 2018 9:03 am
If its a PPI type claim they are still looking into they can still do this after closing your case. The standard procedure is to send you an assignment for to sign.

If you have already followed their complaints procedure then I would escalate and now make a formal complaint here:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”