Do I have to give Creditfix access to my bank account

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
clinton954
by clinton954 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:07 pm
Creditfix are asking me to use software from Castlight Ltd for my annual expenses review which will use my online banking password to access my accounts, I do not feel comfortable with this at all, I don't mind sending them bank statements but this seems a bit much and to be honest I just don't trust is specially as it looks like they use a third party software to do this. It never said anything about this in my terms do I have to comply?
sam06
by sam06 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:21 pm
clinton954 wrote:
Creditfix are asking me to use software from Castlight Ltd for my annual expenses review which will use my online banking password to access my accounts, I do not feel comfortable with this at all, I don't mind sending them bank statements but this seems a bit much and to be honest I just don't trust is specially as it looks like they use a third party software to do this. It never said anything about this in my terms do I have to comply?

I dont think the banking password need is there.
If you want any further help you can call us on *Number deleted by moderator*
Thanks
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:27 pm
Is this a 'new thing'? Banks are always grinding on about not allowing access to our accounts, so I seriously doubt they would condone it. If you feel uncomfortable with the process then get CF to highlight where in your proposal or chairman's report it says you HAVE to. I would not have been happy at all being made to give access to my IVA company and certainly not through a 3rd party software portal. Don't do it until you have concrete evidence that you have to.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:58 pm
sam06 wrote:
clinton954 wrote:

I dont think the banking password need is there.
If you want any further help you can call us on *Number deleted by moderator*
Thanks

Hi Sam .... and you are ????
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:00 pm
You do not have to give them third party access -- they can make do with paper copies. Banks have recently allowed TPA in the UK but the risk is entirely the account holders. Personally I would never agree to such an arrangement.
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:41 pm
I never even told the ex husband the log on to my bank accounts, never mind authorising a 3rd party access.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:43 pm
You don't need to do it and I certainly wouldn't. My husband hasn't a clue about ours either,
redboxtree
by redboxtree » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:04 pm
Number provided has been linked to a cold call debt management company plus also someone stating that from HMRC. (information in public domain)

At least one of the directors of Castlight Ltd are linked to Creditfix. (information in public domain)

Potentially good product that may find that reputation is damaged by being associated with Creditfix. (personal opinion only based on some of the mess ups they have made recently)
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:18 pm
No way would I allow anyone access to my bank account
clinton954
by clinton954 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:39 pm
Thank you all for your response spoke to an advisor yesterday and told him I wasn't comfortable with it and he said that was ok they would except me sending them 3-6 Months statements. :D
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”