Do i have to legally deal with Aperture as my "Supervisor"?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
steve
by steve » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:00 pm
i took out an IVA in 2009 with the help of Money Debt and Credit. Unbeknown to us until we received a bunch of ppi authority letters, our IVA was now with Grant Thornton. My IVA was finalised, final payments and meetings went well after March 2014 and i was given a completion letter and account in October 2014.

Being an ex insolvent, I have a few questions please:

Grant Thornton no longer do IVA's and all business in 2015 went to a new company Aperture i believe

If my iva was with MD & C then Grant Thornton but completed in 2014, have any of my supervisor rights been passed on to Aperture. Do i have to legally deal with Aperture as my "Supervisor" Mark Allen from G T sent me a letter to say his duty as supervisor was now finished and i had successfully completed my IVA

Secondly, My equifax credit report now states me as Excellent. I am no longer on the insolvency register. Do I have to legally tell anyone including companies that i was insolvent unless its to apply for a loan or finance. A copant recently wrote to me about a ppi issue many many years ago and asked if i had ever been bankcrupt or insolvent or had an IVA. do i have to tell them or is it my responsibility to try find a supervisor who originally dealt with my IVA
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:14 pm
Hi,

If you are asked about an IVA you should answer truthfully otherwise it could come back and haunt you.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:36 pm
Your Supervisor was Mark Allen, not GT ---- He is now one of the IP's at Aperture, so can still act. PPI does belong to the former IVA / Creditors and is still payable to them --- whether they would still be interested is another matter and only Mr Allen can say. After a few years it simply becomes uneconomical to dig out old records.

As for "that" question ---- honesty is the best policy as it does appear that there are archival records which some companies have access to, though I have no idea what / where these are. Personally, after all the stress of debt and then the IVA itself, I would not want to spend a few years wondering if I was going to get caught out in a lie. But it is up to you.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:22 am
Any PPI should have been reclaimed by Aperture during or after the IVA. You have no need to deal with anyone now as you have your certificate and if you receive unsolicited mail I suggest you throw it in the bin.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”